Starlight

(This oneshot is written in the second person so "you, your, yours" so just imagine that you are Demi, or yourself...)

You could spend all of eternity in days such as so, where the sun held high in the sky and clouds were scarce, yet somehow the intense heat that usually followed had yet to appear.

You'd met your best friend at a cute little cafe you'd been dying to try, hoping to catch a late lunch since all of your time as of late had been wrapped up in Justin. Justin. It baffled you, still, that you'd finally found someone actually worth your time, which was a sacred to you. It was all new and exciting. You had your first real boyfriend, someone you knew you could count on and knew would always be there for you. It just so happened that person was Justin Bieber, and he was the best first boyfriend a girl could ever ask for.

"So do you think tonight's the night?" She asked.

You choked a little on the drink you were taking a sip of. You looked at your friend accusingly, who, in return, looked completely unfazed. The two of you shared a little table on the cafe's patio, the light wind whipping through your hair. It had become safe to sit outside once the paparazzi realized Justin was nowhere to be seen, ultimately causing them to leave.

"The night for what exactly?" You finally recovered, though you were well aware of her reference.

She smiled at you knowingly. "You know," she started, "doing it, making whoopie, shagging, mattress dancing, taking a roll in the hay, getting lucky, a little hanky panky, bump and grind, roasting the broomstick. Dare I say more?"

You frowned a little. What the hell did roasting the broomstick even mean? Better yet, who even says that?

"No, okay, you said enough, trust me. Oh, and no, I don't-we're not...tonight isn't the night," you stammered as you tucked your hair behind your ear. "We're not even seeing each other tonight," you were sure to add.

She sat back, seeming a little disappointed by the juicy details she would not be receiving. Silence fell over the little table, but you waited, knowing that there were more questions coming your way.

"You and Justin have been dating for a while, I just assumed it would've happened by now."

It. That 'it' was one you'd pushed far from the forefront of your mind for as long as possible. You toyed with your food, pushing it around the plate as you shrugged. "I don't know, I just prefer to wait until marriage is all."

"Does he know that?" She asked rather quickly.

It caught you off guard. Did Justin know? The topic had never really come up before, and he had never attempted to take you there. But did he know? Would he know to stop if things started to turn in that way? Would you be able to stop yourself if they did?

You shook your head, "No." You said quietly.

"You might wanna tell him, you know some guys are weird about that sort of thing, especially considering who he is. Girls will always be all over him," she stated, her voice matter of fact.

She was right, you knew she was right. And honestly, it hurt to hear the truth thrown about so unabashedly. Things were going great for you and Justin, but tour was starting soon. That also meant girls who'd eagerly throw themselves at him in different cities on different nights. The more you thought about it, the more you realized you and your celibacy didn't stand a chance. How could it? You trusted him wholeheartedly, but you knew temptation was a vicious thing. You had no intention giving him sex, but you knew that someone would.

"Well sorry we all can't be the Samantha Joneses of the world." You chuckled, hiding what you were thinking.

"What can I say," she raised her glass to her lips as she smiled. "I just like to keep my options open."