Another Baby (Part 3)

It's been four months since he had left. Four months since he had left her for good; four months since he had left her heartbroken. She didn't know how to go on with her life without having him by her side. Every day seemed to be endless. But somehow she managed. Somehow she managed to get through the day without falling completely apart. Having their daughter around helped. She brightened up her day; always being energetic and happy. And the swell on her stomach, the baby inside her that was growing into a beautiful human being somehow kept her whole.

"Honey, are you ready to go?" She asked the little girl who was jumping around in the living room, her pigtails bouncing up and down.

"Yes." She giggled and joined her mother in the hallway, needing to get her shoes on before they would head to his house. "Help please, Mommy." She lisped, still needing to be taught how to do her shoelaces completely.

"Here you go, baby. Let's go see Dad." She kissed her little forehead before standing up again, touching her stomach gently. She took her small hand in hers as they made their way to the car. She buckled her in her car seat before driving to his house. He only lived a little further down the street. He wanted to live as close to them as possible, knowing they still needed each other. And with a baby on the way it only seemed right. But also because he missed them. He missed them so terribly much and he was starting to wonder, if leaving them had been the right decision. She parked the car behind his black Range Rover and unbuckled their four year old out of her seat. She sat her down on the ground and her little feet carried her away in a run to the front door, knocking on the door with a small knock.

"Daddy!" She squealed at the sight of her father.

"Princess!" He quickly picked her up and sat her on his hip, as he kissed her head. "I've missed you so much." He said and kissed her on the nose.

"I've missed you too." She giggled. She nuzzled her face into his neck before demanding to be sat back down, so she could play with her new dolls he had bought her the last time she was there. He placed her down on her feet and turned around to see his ex wife standing with a smile on her face, as she was watching the two of them. The smile slowly disappeared when her gaze met his, eyes locking for a brief moment before breaking it again.

"Hi." She almost whispered.

"Hi. You wanna come in for a bit?" He asked. He wanted to talk. He missed talking to her and he missed having her around. His house seemed so empty and big; like there was something missing.

"I-I don't know, Justin." She sounded unsure because as much as he missed having her around, she missed him even more.

"Please, just for a few minutes and then you can leave. I'm sure the little munchkin would like to show you her room too."

"Okay." She said and he lead the way in with her following close by.

"You want something to drink?" He offered her as they reached the kitchen.

"No thank you, I'm good." She looked around, taking in her surroundings. It was an elegant kitchen with a beautiful view to the garden. "It's a beautiful garden." She commented.

"Yes." He agreed not saying much and after a few minutes with silence she finally stood up, regretting coming in, in the first place.

"I'll go now. This was a bad idea." She spoke, ready to leave but something stopped her from walking out of the door.

"I miss you!" He confessed and walked over to where she had stopped, taking her hands in his, "I miss you." He repeated, looking deep into her beautiful eyes, trying to see what was going on in her mind.

"W-what?" It came out as a whisper. She was confused, hurt and angry at the same time. Confused because of what he just said. Hurt because it hurt her to know that he missed her. Angry because how dared he say that; how dared he say those words she wanted to hear so bad after so long. Angry at herself for letting herself feel this way again. "Don't say that, Justin. Don't." She finally said, taking her hands from his, "You can't say something like that. Not now. I can't."

"Look." He interrupted, "I miss you. And I know it's not fair to say this now, okay. I know that. But I miss you so much. I miss having you around. I miss us being a family." He said. He could see the tears starting to well up in her eyes. "I want us to be family again, Demi. But I also know it will take time for you to forgive me. I know I hurt you and you've no idea how sorry I'm for that. I'm sorry for letting you go so easily. I should have fought for you. I can't stand not having you around. I need you, I need our daughter and I need our unborn child by my side. So please, I beg you to find a place in your heart to forgive me and give us another chance. I love you, Demi and I know you still love me too."

"You were the one who said you couldn't be with me anymore. You broke me, Justin."

"I know, I know. You've no idea how sorry I am. I never meant to hurt you. You deserve so much better. I don't deserve your love, but I can't go on without you either. I'm so sorry, baby. I love you so much." He said and leaned down, pressing his lips to hers, kissing her lovingly and both of them felt the butterflies they haven't felt in months.