Beaten Up Bieber

Justin is in an abusive relationship and is too scared to leave, but too unhappy to stay. He has given up on love and has absolutely no hope to find the "one." Demi, a waitress at a crowded Las Vegas restaurant, comes across the pair, each time spotting a new, fresh, blue bruise on the gorgeous boy's face and wishes she could hold him and whisper sweet nothings into his ear until he falls asleep safe in her arms, but that can't happen. Or can it?

It was an early April morning in Las Vegas. The usual bitter and cold wind hit Demi's face roughly as she walked throughout the busy city, staring up at the blue, frozen sky. Her thoughts vanished when she heard a harsh squeal bounce through the air. She searched through the crowds of people before walking further down the street where muffled screams came from and settling at an alley where two men stood. One man was lean, medium height with a hat on his head, and the man was taller and had much broader muscles and a wider frame. The larger boy was cupping the smaller boy's neck with a tight grasp, trapping him between him and the brick wall. Demi stood there, unfazed and unsure as to what she should do. The shorter boy screamed and struggled until Demi shifted a bit and the muscular man and slim man looked up at her. Demi immediately sprinted off, feeling guilt erupt inside of her for not doing something to help.

When Demi arrived at her apartment, she took a warm shower, trying to forget the day's events. He failed when the image of the boy popped up in her mind. His full pink, swollen lips surrounded by his flushed cheeks and hazel eyes and fluttered eyelashes and a cute button nose. He was...beautiful.

* * *

The next week, Demi is at the local restaurant, taking her night shift. She's talking to her friend Selena when she trails off as she spots the boy that's been clouding her thoughts for the past week. He is wearing a beanie with a loose, black t-shirt and navy coloured jeans. His waist is being tugged at by the tall, muscular guy from before. As soon as they sit at their table, Demi signals to Selena that she's "got table nine" and sprints over to take their order.

"May I take your order?" Demi asks, smiling at the boy and noticing a busted lip and purple bruise under his eye.

"My boyfriend will have large fries and I'll have the steak, medium rare." the husky man chimes in without asking.

"I'm hungry for more than-" the smaller boy states slowly and soft.

"Justin, not now." the man cuts him off and Demi now knows that this mystery boy is named 'Justin.'

Justin's eyes fill with desperation and sadness as he lowers them down to his lap. Justin's boyfriend is fiddling on his phone so Demi takes the opportunity to put a hand on Justin's shoulder and whisper into his ear.

"On your way out, I'll slip you three pieces of steak, on me." her soft voice spoke into his ear.

Justin's lips quirked up into a small smile and he whispered "Thank you, means a lot." back to Demi.

Justin's boyfriend looked up from his phone and Demi quickly stood back up, turning around back to the counter with a smile on his face knowing he put one on Justin's.

Once the 'couple' got up to leave, they went over to Demi and asked for a takeout tray, handing an empty one to Justin's boyfriend and one to Justin, (holding the three steaks she promised.) Demi may or may not have lightly written her number on the inside top of Justin's tray.

* * *

Later that night, Demi is watching television when her phone vibrates. It was a text from Justin.

J: hey nice girl from the restaurant it's Justin :)

D: hey, my name's Demi :)

J: hiii, Demi. how was your day?