It was unexpected to see him so well-dressed. The only times I've been near him, he was shirtless or in joggers and a shirt with trainers. I was impressed. I could even smell some kind of cologne, the hit of it making my nose twitch to adjust. He was cleanly shaven, with no stubble on his jaw, only his buzz cut to prove he wasn't a hairless rat.

His attention turned towards me. "Why aren't you dressed yet?"

I had missed their conversation as I was too busy eying Sean. "I-uh-well-

Molly clapped her hands. "Doesn't she look great, though?"

Sean smirked as he eyed my head. "The hair suits you, but I dunno about the makeup. Makes you look like a girl."

I pouted, crossing my arms. "I am a girl."

His eyes creased with laughter. "I know, I know."

"Here, take this to the bathroom and put it on!" Molly squealed.

I took the dress bag, finally. Feeling the weight of the dress made me question what she had in mind. She threw some gold colour high heels at me and I eyed them suspiciously.

"You want me to break my neck tonight?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Puh-lease. Go. Dress. Now."

"Yes, Mother," I smirked.

As I made my way into my bathroom, I reminded myself to check in with my parents. It had been a week since I last called them, making it a habit to do it every Sunday evening. Today was Friday so I must not forget.

I took a deep breath before hanging the bag on the back of my door. I closed my eyes as I unzipped it, afraid of the boisterous pink or red that may await me.

Once the zip reached the bottom, I stepped back and took another deep breath. As I cracked one eye, I was taken aback and soon both eyes flew open in surprise.

It was green!

A dark green silky dress.

Despite my surprise, I quickly realised that I loved it. I love green.

I took off my clothes and my watch, and pulled the dress out of the bag. Just as I went to admire it, something clinked in the bag and I looked around the material to see lacy black underwear on a hanger with new tags.

I blushed to myself and pulled it all out, leaving the dress on its hanger. It was a black lace thong and a strapless padded bra. I felt uncomfortable in such gaudy fabric, used to my softer undies. But I pulled it on anyway, swearing to murder Molly later.

I avoided myself in the mirror as I took the dress out once again. It flooded out of the bag, and I had to hold it high above my head so it didn't touch the floor. Do they forget I'm only just over five feet tall?

I pulled the dress on, admiring the way it hung against my skin. Once it was on, I zipped it up at the back, grateful for my flexibility. I was sceptical as I turned to the mirror, uncertain how I would feel.

I don't know who I was looking at, but it wasn't omega Nova.

The dress was a dark, silky emerald green. With spaghetti straps that led into a v neckline, it stopped at my waist, where the skirt began. It wasn't puffy like Molly's was. It just hung off my waist and hips and poured onto the floor. As I stepped, I realised it had a slit on one leg that reached up to my left hip.

My face turned red, and I instinctively covered it with my hands. I have never worn something like this. I wasn't sure if I was ready to broadcast myself like this. I lifted my head to eye the scarring on my arms, wishing to wear a cardigan of some sort to shield it. Molly would tear it off my cold dead body if she had to.