Chapter Sixty Six + Unedited

From the moment you had been in the hospital, his days revolved around you which were far more frequent than his dad ever thought possible

From the moment you had been in the hospital, his days revolved around you which were far more frequent than his dad ever thought possible. But he answered to each call of your mom saying your family was busy finalizing something that Jay knew nothing about, and he never pried for it was not his business to dwell on about.

Because he so desperately wanted to see you get better, he didn't complain even when he finds it suspicious as to why they had you signing something where he was asked to come out of the room.

In fact, when Heeseung gets out of the room to say it was his turn, Jay already had a notion by the look of some boy's face like Sunghoon that they were going to say goodbye. By the time he sat on your bed, he knew you needed strength to face it all. Not that you would ever admit to it. You didn't need to.

He could tell from the way that you had reached out for his hand that something is up and you held it tightly in yours as you scanned every part of his face. And now, even as you sat in silence, you didn't ease your hold in his hand. Rather it tightened considerably once you heard Daniel's voice calling for Jungwon outside the door.

This would determine the actuality of your mom's decison.

No matter how strong you pretended to be in Jay's side, it would always remind as only a pretence. You were only a girl pretending to be happy in the face of a possible bad reality.

"Y/N", Jay murmured eventually, forcefully easy his hold on your hand. When you didn't raised your eyes to his, he squeezed your hand reassuringly and waited patiently.

Eventually, you conceded lifting your head and gazing at him with eyes that hides the truth, "I am just overwhelmed by Heeseung. He sung to me, Jay"

He nodded slowly, hesitating before admitting, "That's what I'm scared about earlier. What if you fall for him all over again?"

Before Jay could avert his eyes, you held them firm, probing softly to him, "What makes you think that when I already say it's you?"

"What if things change in just a flash?", He took a shuddering breath, releasing it slowly before admitting, "What if you changed your mind once they all talked to you especially Jungwon?"

"Jungwon?", you repeated the name carefully, dropping his hand in that instant, "I think this should be the time we needed to be direct with one another. Don't worry, I'm sure about you, Jay"

Jay shrugged wordlessly under your attention but sighed once more. You watched him for a moment longer, wondering what words it would take him to understand that this - this final choice about him - could never change anymore. How could you want to leave him, let alone break his heart, be acceptable?