Chapter Forty Six + Unedited

It was funny the way the life worked out for you

It was funny the way the life worked out for you. There's no way to predict how your next day could go or even if it could controlled - regarding the boys that was constantly present and here you are walking out of the dormitory with the youngest of them.

The weight of Niki's stare settled onto the side of your face for a few seconds before he too turned to face the front and looked left and right on the both side of the road. That was how you had been left following him once it was clear of any vehicles.

He tucked his hand onto the pocket of his jacket and gestured to one of the convenience store ahead. "Do you want to head to where they mostly have korean food?"

"Why not?", you agreed with a smile and you both headed towards the rather empty store, while the others is heavily occupied.

Niki held out the door open for you and you thanked as the two of you walked inside, dodging a group of giggling girls as they stepped onto the street. They all wore a crop top and this too short skirts that you grimaced over the sight of their buttcheeks, while the boy with you only looked away, completely disgusted.

He suddenly took your hand, leading you further into the store as he called out over his shoulder, "There's something I've been wanting to check out here"

"Chocolate's drink for a kid?", you teased, removing your hand from his as you came to a stop in front of the ready-to-eat selection. It ranges from cheese kimbap, instant ramen, teokbokki to sausage. "Now that's not very manly-like, is it Niki?"

He looked through the shelves, clearly searching for a particular food. "I'm just searching for a bunggeopang, is that so bad?", he says, casting you a glance. "You have to try it to taste heaven itself"

"I can already taste heaven in the form of cheese kimbap and instant fire noodles", you giggled when you saw the rueful smile he gave as he shook his head, "Would you be so willing to buy me that, Niki-kun?"

"That's the honorific used for teenagers or young man in my country", he explained, as he found what he was looking for and held it up proudly in the air. "My baby fish-shaped cakes!"

"I can understand loving it so much, but what was so special about it?"

  "Everything about it is special like to the way I see you", Niki shrugged with a smile as he looked past your shoulder, only to grow serious within seconds.

Stepping towards him, you put a hand on his arm. "Niki?", you asked, sounding too concern. "What's the matter with you?"

Whilst Niki did not process any answer for you, you followed his eyes looking over your shoulder and met an all too familiar dark eyes drawn to the boy at your side. You then began to questioned what kind of your luck you supposedly have. Was he following after you or is it truly just a coincidence?