Chapter Thirty Five + Unedited

You were greeted at the evening by a sign of the apocalypse: Daniel in the kitchen, making you dinner

You were greeted at the evening by a sign of the apocalypse: Daniel in the kitchen, making you dinner. After you shouted to him earlier for realizing not only Jake had your number but Sunghoon and Niki as well, which they all got from him, you let yourself turn off your phone.

Perhaps the day's stress had took it's toll on you, you had slept onto your bed without remembering your duty as a sister and sometimes Daniel liked to experiment in the kitchen as if he wasn't used to burning food before, as if he hadn't accidentally takes you before at the hospital.

And so Dad appeared in the right time, telling Daniel to wait for the food at the living room, leaving the two of you now forced to deal with each other's fight in the morning.

"Look", Dad began, sliding a three plate onto the table in front of you and then sitting down in his chair as you laid it out. "Maybe it's unfair for me to judge without knowing the whole story"

That's why you love him. He doesn't wait for a day to pass by without the two of you talking it out. "Jay had been there for me since he transferred in our school", you said without looking up. "Compared to the other six, he's - you know, he reminded me so much of you, dad"

"How?", he asked, standing up to see if the pork is already boiling at the casserole. "I know I'm every woman's ideal type but him? Explain"

"Well", you started in a tone that already had him sighing as he pick out a pan and set it down the stove to fry eggs. "Mom told me so many stories about your story with her and the first time with you saving her from a creep at highschool. He was like that to me if I may so"

With his eyes narrowed and knowing how quickly he could gear up into telling you off if he wanted to, Dad forced himself into toning it down. "I supposed we'll save the lecture about wanting a boyfriend who was like me..", he paused, really expecting you to groan.

"Dad..."

He held up his hands, pointing to the butter melting at the pan. "I'm only saying he could search me up and copy the way I act", he explained then makes another argument. "But what about my favorite boy, Jungwon?"

"Come on, dad", you said, trying not to shake your own head. "We are not talking about him now. What if he just appeared here out of the blue?"

When he only grinned innocently, settling down to the seat across from you, the urge to kick your dad in the shin was tempting. "But you know since the day I saw you fumbling for your words around him that he is my pick"

You lifted your eyes at him, pleading your dad to quieten his words now that the conversation had turned lighter. "The point is..", you said, then trailed off, taking a deep breath. "The point is I'm not glad that he knew about it, you know? Otherwise it wouldn't affect him like this. Not like now"