💌 Chapter Twenty Nine 💌

It had come as no surprise to you when the whole school was all aware of the video by the time the weekend approach

It had come as no surprise to you when the whole school was all aware of the video by the time the weekend approach. And yet, the news had you hiding your face beneath your pillow as your phone began to beep, flooded from the messages of your friends with Jay practically bombing up your notifications.

Your heart sunk a little in your chest and despite your best efforts to ignore Daniel's random knocks, your thoughts revolved around the day before when Heeseung had bring you home. It had taken no little effort to hide your shock at what was awaiting you in the front porch.

But now as you think about it some more, nothing could make you sad than seeing Jungwon immediately excusing himself and to make it worse, Daniel was intent on not talking to you since then, only he stopped as he seemed to realised he had no right to be upset. Not when he was the cause of everything that's wrong in your life right now.

For someone as brilliant as he was, for someone who was so sure of his choices, Daniel had a rather unfortunate habit of ignoring what his mistakes was.

This entire issue with the seven boys you've loved before had left a bitter taste in your mouth: you had never even in your wildest dream thought of this as a result and it was the same reason of why you ended up letting the pressure of the whole month rushed through you like a turbulence of emotion.

In those hours of you locking up yourself in your room, Daniel being eaten whole by the big ounce of guilty unlocked your door by the keys from your dad's room. The apologies was cut off as soon as he sees you hiding your face in the pillow and with the wet spot on the cover, had made him climbed in your before pulling you into a hug.

He squeezed you tight but it wasn't a hug for his victory. You lay yourself against his neck as he whispered his sorry and he let you break down in his arms for even a little. In his eyes, you had been so strong during the process of your repeated problems from those letters. But now you broke down into tears in front of him and the both of you understood one of the reasons.

He did his best to comfort you but most of his attention was focused on the person accidentally entering the room at a very rare, but needed moment between an older sister and a younger brother. Daniel rubbed soothing circles on your back, he watched as Jungwon slowly nods and tiptoed his way back into the next bedroom.

"Go after him", Daniel whispered to you, meeting your eyes when he noticed your body goes rigid at his bestfriend's presence. You glanced between him and the door. "Go, he needs you right now"

You were taken aback by this: the two of you usually avoided the topic of liking Jungwon if possible. "Is it really just fine for me to talk to him after all this time?"

Daniel nodded, his arms removing you from him and for once, he sat there, serious and convincing for you to make your own choice. It's a small gesture, but there's something meaningful about it, the two of you stepping into another level of closeness. When you got up to your feet, following Jungwon through your house as he leaves Daniel's room upon hearing your call.