💌 Chapter Twenty Three 💌

How could you be so stupid? Why you had been certain you'll got the last laugh from Ni-ki? Everything had gone too far

How could you be so stupid? Why you had been certain you'll got the last laugh from Ni-ki? Everything had gone too far. This is something you often wrongly accused the other girls that you will never do, but this time, all your wits was sinking down the drain.

It wasn't something you'd thought before. There was no way you could imagine once you're going to respond to a boy you just called a kid, and you were unsure what you were doing, what even is happening, but at that moment, none of it mattered.

At that moment, you could no longer resist one of the boys you had once been taken by his boldness and as your lips collided with his once again, the wave that ran through you was truly something else - your heart was racing as if you had run until your lungs gave in from the gigantic pressure. Ni-ki broke the two of you apart, his eyes widening at what he had just done. He seemed to noticed his hands on your waist and you were propped up in his lap, for he shoved you in the blink of an eye.

Your rage from his letter had disappeared into nothing less than a surprise. Ni-ki seemed conflicted, and for the first time you saw him show a weakness. And only then had the thought stricken you - you just responded to a kiss for the first time and it wasn't even to a boy your heart held. The chilly air that travelled from the aircon didn't stand a chance against the burning you felt in your cheeks.

Ni-ki seemed to regain at least the slightest of senses, and looked down on you. His eyes were still blinking in disbelief from what had just occured, but his words is different. "Serves you right for calling me a kid"

"You're impossible", you replied as a soft whisper - maybe because your miniscule courage had given up.

When he walked out of the door and proceedes to his next destination - to the school gates - a path you both shared. You walked slowly behind him, silent and troubled by your going haywire thoughts. Right before you reached the throng of students pushing each other at the gates, though, Ni-ki stopped to wait for you and his hand were quick to find yours, hidden among the people around the two of you.

Some curious eyes were set on you and Ni-ki, but none were as penetrating and uncomfortable as Sunghoon's and Jake's. It was unfortunate how they opted to wait for you to bring you home themselves, but it was extreme how they heard from a random girl you entered the gym with Ni-ki and the considerable time you were there inside is rather suspicious to them.

Despite of the burning gaze thrown onto the side of his face, Ni-ki, as always, ignored the two boys, but not even him could be prepared with Jay appearing from your side and he immediately take you away from him, then took off for the parking lot with a smile, his eyes gleaming with something you did not understand or notice.

In the car, to his, because you think your bestfriends had already left you and it was confirmed by Hazel's text saying Jay already informed her ahead, so Violet is already taking her home at this moment. From the driver's seat, Jay pauses before turning the key on ignition, and for a brief second, the eyes of his wanted to roll from the sight of Daniel who's dragging a sulking Jungwon along Sunoo who were just happy to get a free ride.