Chapter Fifty + Unedited

The moment your conversation with him in the text, Heeseung understood his mistake

The moment your conversation with him in the text, Heeseung understood his mistake. He hadn't really meant to say that, and he had not given up.

And now, sitting across the table from Yana, the agenda of getting her to leave you alone is his utmost goal - he felt a quick flash of certainty, a desperate flailing knowledge that he'd done the wrong thing. He should have tried harder. He should have not accept your apology, he should shown up more in your house.

He shouldn't have just being friends with you is enough when it isn't. And now it was too late.

Across from him, Yana was squinting at the menu, which was scrawled on a chalkboard above the deli counter. "How can there be no salad?", she said, a whiny note to her voice that she managed to drop only when she was in front of everybody.

"I'm sure they can throw some grass for you in the menu" he said distractedly, and she looked at him as if he'd suggested she eat off the floor.

For almost three weeks now, he'd been imagining what would happen if you would go into his house again. But none of those scenarios involved being out with Yana. It wasn't like they're on a date, anyway.

"Excuse me", she was saying, waving down the woman who rolled her eyes earlier at Yana's outfit. "Would it be possible to get some sort of arugula salad? Do you have any pear? Or goat cheese?", She turned to Heeseung with a dazzling smile. "I could really go for some goat cheese for my diet, you see"

It was clear the woman was trying not to laugh. "We only have what’s on the menu, deary", she said, gesturing to a board filled with options like roast beef, turkey, and ham. "And you order up at the counter, you're not in a restaurant to call for someone for you to boss around here"

Heeseung rose to his feet to avoid Yana's making a scene, and perhaps to get away from her. "I'll go get our order"

"I guess I'll have a turkey sandwich, then", Yana said, pulling out her phone with a huff. "No bread, remember that please"

"Just don't eat if you're so scared of fattening yourself up, miss", the woman muttered, moving around the table and back to the counter.

As Heeseung joined up the line of people, he glanced outside to see Hazel getting out of her family's pet shop, then looked back over at the table, where Yana was fanning herself with one manicured hand. For the past couple of days, the two of them had been talking about you and nothing of it had ended in a good note. Yana has always something bad to say in his evere defense so often that he just hang up on her, tired of her personality and everything that has to do with her.

She began to speak the second he return to their table, "What are you doing dating a girl who's always flirting with the transferees?", Yana asked, adjusting her shades as she tried to hide herself from the people who might recognize her. She doesn't really like it to be seen in a cheap deli counter, but for Heeseung, she still entered inside earlier.