💌 Chapter Eighteen 💌

There were so many occasions on which the library is your sanctuary inside the school and usually that was because it's quiet for you to read your books there since you stopped visiting the rooftop after the letter with Ni-ki is completed

But today with you needing a space from your friends and Daniel (this was the same day after the kiss with Jake) decided to hide there before the afternoon classes.

Except sometimes that didn't work out as planned.

And while you had managed to sit in the farthest corner just fine, you hadn't expected for Heeseung to help the librarian - always acting like the popular good student that he is. Your heart sunk a little in your chest when you hear his voice from a few shelves away and despite of your best efforts in kneeling down to the section of British History, you were found like a mouse hiding from a deceiving lion.

The librarian is the one who sees you there. "What are you doing down there, Ms. Kim?", she asked you cordially. And there he was, standing behind her. "The tables are not here but there in the center"

You had intended to nod and walk out of there quietly. But before you could even try, he blocked your only way to exit.

"About that, Mrs. Palmer", he began hesitantly, biting on his lips. She nodded encouragingly to him and he carried on in his acting. "She's my girlfriend I'm talking to you about. We had a small fight this friday, so she's here hiding from me"

To your horror, Mrs. Palmer - the librarian - made a sound of understanding. "Oh, the young lovers these days are all in a rush", she even smiled at him. "But you're a good kid, so yeah, I will leave the two of you to talk"

You tried your very best not to plea for her in bringing you with her; if you say to her Heeseung was lying, she wouldn't believe you anyways and when she turn to leave, the boy was smiling warmly at her like he was an angel, but he is not.

"Thank you, Mrs. Palmer", he says, and she had no idea how grateful the boy was while you were wishing to disappear.

Before she retreated out of sight, she gives you a wink with a whisper. "I prefer you more than that Yana Lin"

Just like that, your relief to her presence was over and you lowered your head to avoid those furious eyes for a reason he only know. It focus solely on you, in an intense way that suggested everything else had faded away from his line of sight except for the quivering girl that you are.

The initial fight or flight response was back after Jake's issue. A part of you was even trying to be angry while the other just wanted to runaway. You felt stupid and that feeling was simply the confirmation how any boys from the seven had so much power over you without even trying.