19~

Qᴜᴏᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ: Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴘᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴇᴀʀs ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅ. Bᴇ ʟᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ.

♡︎Wᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴜɪʟᴛ ᴛᴏ ғᴀʟʟ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀʟʟ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ

♡︎W ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴜɪʟᴛ ᴛᴏ ғᴀʟʟ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀʟʟ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ

Dorothea P.O.V

"1,2,3 cannon ball!" Lee yells jumping into the deep end of the pool.

Rose was there waiting for him, while I sat on the cement and my feet in the water. Vance was at the very deep end talking with Meredith.

My eyes diverted to them. She was pretty. She seemed kind too and probably gives him butterflies. My hearts been laying heavy all day.

"Dorothea you ok?" Rose raises an eyebrow, swimming over to me.

My eyes quickly looked back at her, but she turned her head. "You know he looked concerned earlier today." Rose states and I nod my head.

"And If there are any feelings you have for him, they are most likely felt back." She taps my leg.

"What-no it's not like that." I lie, sitting up to get better posture.

Rose only nodded, but smirked. "I'm going to tell you as a friend Lee won't like it. Me being a friend, I don't necessarily agree with it. I know you guys feel more for each other than you should."

She was going to tell Lee. God, I'm so stupid. How did I make it so obvious? Why?

"Stop worrying Dorothea, I won't tell." Rose winks, swimming away from me. I was going to deny it, but it sounded like she didn't know that "friends" was over with a long time ago.

For another hour they all swam except me. To avoid getting sun burned I covered up with a towel and reapplied my sunscreen. To be honest, I didn't know how to swim and don't get me started on going underwater.

Lee emerged from under the water, dunking Rose with him. I chuckled to myself as usual.

"So, you can't swim I hear." Vance sits down next to me slowly and I quickly look at him, then away.

"Yeah." I agree, staring into the water.

"Dorothea when you told me that you have-that- I didn't think much of it. The first thing on my mind wasn't oh this is going to be a burden to me. No, I wanted to help you." He clasped his hands together in his lap.

"And I'm not happy, nor happier. When I'm with you-." I cut him off.

"Stop with the romantic bullshit Vance. Lee hooked you up with a date and don't let me ruin." I bit my lip while answering him.

"She's a friend, I only have one girl in mind who I want to be my date." His voice gets raspier and god does it sound sexy.

I scoffed. "Yeah right."

"How about I teach you to swim, we could do that tomorrow." Vance's hand touches my waist and I stiffen up.

"If I say yes will you leave me alone?" My eyebrow raises up and there's a bit of hurt on his face.

"I will if that makes you happy." Vance answers back and I nod my head.

It took him what seemed like two minutes to walk away. It killed me because he made me happy. He made me forget about my parents, for god sake I haven't thought about them for three months now. I haven't even thought to even text Joe until now.

How and when did my life come to this?

🌹🌹🌹🌹

"REMEMBER WHEN YOU HIT THE BREAKS TOO SOON. TWENTY STITCHES IN THE HOSPITAL ROOM. WHEN YOU STARTED CRYING BABY I DID TOO." Rose sings from the front seat. Her voice wasn't at the best, but funny to listen to.

"WHEN THE SUN CAME UP I WAS LOOKING AT YOU. REMEMBER WHEN WE COULDN'T TAKE THE HEAT, I WALKED OUT AND IM SETTING YOU FREE." Lee then sings the next verse and we all knew his voice was amazing. It was raspy and sounded a bit like Harry Styles.

"BUT THE MONSTERS TURNED OUT TO BE JUST TREES.." Rose laughs through the last part.

"When the sun came up you were looking at me.." I finish singing under my breath and I felt eyes all on me.

"Bitch why the fuck haven't you sang before in this car?!" Rose scolds and hits my leg.

I roll my eyes. "I'm never singing again." The embarrassment in my voice is on full display for everyone to hear.

It's moments like these though I wish I could re-live and be present, but I'm not. Too many thoughts came across my mind when I only wanted to think of one.

I lift my eyes up and find Vance's captivating brown eyes on me. My mouth dried up, but our moment stopped when we pulled up to the house.

"Actually can you drop me off at my brother's apartment?" I speak up.

He answered a few seconds later. "Dorothea are you serious right now?"

I cut him off. "Yes, but Rose and Mr. Ramsey don't have to join."

"Actually my sister is there, I'll pay her a visit." Vance says.

Rose crossed her arms. "Wow everyone is leaving me alone."

I chuckled. "Rose it'll be fine. We are just a phone call away."

She thought for a second and nodded. "Ok well don't take too long."

Lee answers. "We won't."

I smile internally and sit back in the seat I am in. My legs pressed against my chest, while I jammed out to the music on the radio.

I haven't seen my brother in months. I had to pay him a visit. After all, he's been there for me when tough times came. I had to be there for him.

I had to apologize.

🌹🌹🌹🌹
Thank you for reading❤️