18~

Qᴜᴏᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ: ʏᴏᴜ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ʙᴇᴄᴜᴀsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴅɪғғɪᴄᴜʟᴛ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ.

Qᴜᴏᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ:   ʏᴏᴜ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ʙᴇᴄᴜᴀsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴅɪғғɪᴄᴜʟᴛ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ

♡︎I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪᴇʀ

Dorothea P.O.V

It's been a month and I still haven't left my room. I barely ate anything and Lee, he's really concerned. The night I got home I slept for two days straight, then getting breakfast I felt a wave of emotion get over me and I broke a plate. I'm a total mess.

My eyes wonder to the window over looking the driveway. This is the only way I saw how Vance was doing after I fucked this up. Sometimes I cried and sometimes be brought a smile to my face.

"Dorothea-." Lee opens my door and knocks me out my daze once again. "I brought you tea."

I slightly smile. "Thanks."

Lee stood there like a tree as I took a sip. My mind calmed at the smell of chamomile. "So, me and Rose are actually going to the pool today. We would love for you to join." He continues and I look back out the window.

Vance's car pulled up and he honestly looked happy without me. I mentally laugh at myself. My eyebrows furrows when I see a blonde haired girl leave the vehicle. "Who's that?"

Lee stops talking and looks at her. "Ah yes Meredith. My dad's new friend, but not for long since I'm going to get them together." He laughed and I frowned at him.

"He's lonely, so I just thought some company would help him. You know?" He shrugs his shoulders and nods his head.

"I'll go to the pool." I finally give in and his face is priceless. Filled with happiness and joy.

"Seriously?! Like I'm not pressuring you or anything."

I roll my eyes. "Just tell Rose to help me with my swimsuit okay."

"On it ma'am." He salutes me and he zoomed out the room.

Lee, Lee, Lee.

Once I heard the front door shut, I slowly walk out the hallway. Vance takes her water from her and she laughs at a joke he makes. I sighed and sat down on the first step, playing with my fingers. I almost forgot how this house looked like.

My eyes divert to the women who sits on the couch and Vance walks in.

How I wish he'd just kiss me, instead of listening to my stupid rules I said when I was maniac.

"Yeah I'll get it." He nods his head, walking towards the stairs.

I quickly run the other way into the other guest room and peak my head out to watch him. He stopped in front of my door and the look on his face was pain. Vance took a deep breath and walked back to his room across the hall.

I tugged at the end of my sweatshirt I've had on from the past two weeks. When I look back at the hall Vance is at the stairwell, watching me. My heart raced. I haven't seen his eyes in a month.

But I remember, he's got a girl over. And it's not me. So, I walk into the room that I was standing in. The end of the bed looked comfy, so I sit there.

My mind wonders, sometimes I don't even feel real. Like maybe this world is just a simulation of my imagination. The power the brain holds right?

"Hey." I hear a soft voice knock on the door. My head turns around to find Vance with a purse in his hand. Probably the women's purse.

I don't say anything, I just turn around. Staring a wall that had nothing but white paint on it. "I haven't seen you for awhile." He sits down next to me, making the bed sink down.

I debated on what I was going to say. The silence filled the room and he was about to get up. "Who is she?" My voice cracked. God, it felt so weird since I have barely said anything for a month.

"Her name is Meredith. She's a co-worker of mine." Vance answers sitting back down.

"Glad your happy." I raise an eyebrow, playing with my hands to distract me from crying like a pathetic person I am.

"You really think I'm happy-." Vance gets cut off, with Rose in the doorway.

"Am I interrupting something here?" Rose has a questionable face and Vance quickly stands up.

"Nope just asking if she was okay." I sighed and walked past both of them.

I go back to my room to get dressed for the pool. I put my brown hair up in a messy bun and cleaned myself up, by getting the first shower in two weeks and pushing my teeth.

By 2:39 I was ready and headed downstairs. Lee was talking with his dad and Rose was talking with the women Meredith.

"Oh Dorothea welcome to the downstairs!" Lee sarcastically announced and I roll my eyes.

"Don't push it." My lips pressed together.

"Oh Meredith this is my best friend Dorothea." Rose introduces me. This is literally the last thing I wanted to do.

"Hello, nice to meet you." I fake smile and her's in genuine. "Nice to meet you too." Her angelic voice answers. God she's even prettier than me. Probably better at-

"Ok let's go!" Lee grabs his pool noodle and runs out the door like a five year old.

"I swear sometimes I think I married a child." She laughed and ran after him.

I turned my head for a quick second to see Vance carrying on with his new "friend." My heart raced at the heartbreak, but I decided to walk out the house so I didn't have to see the bullshit.

God. I need to get out.

————————————-

Thank you for reading❤️
Sorry for the short chapter, but I wanted the song to fit, so the pool scene is about to go down!