05~

We were runnin out, through the storm, through the night

Dorothea P.O.V

Past.......

"So, your saying that my daughter is a liar now Jared?! Our fucking daughter?!" Mom yells from the kitchen and I put my hands over my ears.

"Those kids said she was being mean to them Katherine!" Dad yells back. I heard him hit something.

"Stop." I whisper, slowly crying to myself.

"You know damn well our daughter is not a bully!" Mama screams.

"Dorothea, love it's okay." Joe sits down putting his chin on my head and putting his hands over my ears for me. My brother is my life. He may be a two years older than me, but he had my best interest.

"I wanna get out Joebug." I whisper, wiping a tear away from my eye.

"Let's go out the back." He wraps his coat around my shoulders, letting me go out the door first.

Being thirteen and scared of your parents is not the best feeling. I mean you should always respect them, but all mine do is fight. I wanted to get out of this town, no wait we needed to. I promised myself when I was old enough, we'd leave and Joe agreed.

"Love, it's okay. You know love is complex sometimes." He holds my cheeks, rubbing in circles.

"What would I do without y oh Joebug?" I smile, wrapping my arms around my fifteen year old brother.

"Now, you pick whatever ice cream you want." He tickled my side and I ran away from him, but I felt him running after me.

This is so much better, than listening to my parents argue.

🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Seriously Joe?" I scoff, taking my fry back, that made its way into his hand.

"Oh my god, your still like a little kid. Being mean about me taking your food." He fake pouted.

"You literally have your own food, and Isabella's." I take a bit of the fry right in front of him.

"Oh my god, I'm going to kill you." Joe rubbed his eye.

"No you can't, people will go looking for me." I press my hand to my heart, pretending to be hurt.

"Okay." He laughed. A few seconds later, we were both dying of laughter.

                                  🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

The night sky lit perfectly so you could see the constellations. "You think once you die, you'll become a star?" I ask, turning my head to see Joe looking up at the star.

"Seriously Love? That stuff is just a myth and not true." He laughed, holding onto my hand.

"Well it's the most sad thing I've heard. People don't realize that stars will eventually fade to nothing, just like once we die, when someone mentions our name one last time, our legacy is gone." I start off by explaining.

"Sometimes you hope, someone or something might remember, but it never does. Day by day. Years by years. The gods decide you're not important anymore and let you die out. Maybe even explode." By the end of what I have just said, tears silently piled down my face.

"Beautiful point Dorothea. I knew you were a smart cookie. Especially since your fifteen!" Joe teases, hitting my shoulder.

"Oh my gosh, your so dead!" I push him back.

By the end of the night, we both fell asleep in the back of my dad's truck.

🌸🌸🌸🌸

My hair blew in the wind, as the sun set in the dandelion field. Joe was in his first year of college, way far away from me.

It's okay I told myself, he'll come back. I never realized how many non-existent friends I had, and the only real one I had was Joe.

Dad and Mom had been fighting still of course, but I overheard a conversation of them moving. I didn't want to move though, because they would get into stupid fights about everything.

The dandelions kept me at peace usually. The way they swing back and forth. The way I could make a wish to finally get out of this town. I needed to. Only   one more year.

I screamed at the ground, hearing my voice echoing from the far end of the field.

I ran to nowhere, I just ran and ran. I ran until my knees gave out and I feel to them, crying in pain. "Fuck you!" I hit the ground over and over.

🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Dorothea why are you here today?" My therapist asks.

"I've been hearing voice lately." My voice is broken, monotone actually.

"Voices?" She writes down on her piece of paper.

"Bad? Good?" She raises an eyebrow.

"If they were fucking good voices, I wouldn't be here." I scoff, taking a deep breath in.

"It's just- my parents, are planning on moving across the country when I leave. My life is basically shit, I'm taking to a therapist for god sake." I hummed, playing with the leather couch.

"You've heard of Bipolar disorder right Dorothea?" She drops her pen on her board, looking straight at me intensely.

"By your aggressive tone and the voices, the lows, the highs-." I cut her off, rigorously.

"Don't you dare say I'm bipolar right now, because I will go crazy if you say I am." I point my finger at her.

"I'm afraid you already are." Her voice definitely hints at the truth, that I did not want to hear.

🌸🌸🌸🌸
Thank you for reading loves❤️

A/n: I thought I'd just give you a flash back of what her relationship with Joe was like before all of the drama. Also, you found out stuff you would have never guessed. The talk about mental health is also very important in this book. Dorothea does struggle with it, like a lot of people. I wanted to say, you are NOT crazy. I've learned do what makes YOU happy, not what makes others happy. Tell someone you trust. Someone you love. If they care they will listen.
You will never be alone. There is always someone to talk to.

Anyways until next time my loves