02~

Cause I ain't got patience to slow down the bass

Dorothea P.O.V

For the past hour, I've heard banging across the hall, from the neighbors moving in. It's annoying as shit and I have to study for one final exam in English. I knew I was going to fail and that's okay because my job does no require to have straight a's. Well, I'm only a barista at a coffee shop called "Paradise Coffee." Yes, stupid name but they pay about $20 an hour and I was there for that. I needed some way to pay my bills and pay off the debt.

"Joe tell them to shut the fuck up!" I yell, from my bed. He probably didn't hear me and that was bad for him because I can't control my temper, therefore I'm about ready to punch or yell at the moving people.

"Oh my god Dorothea just put headphones on." He yanks open my door.

"God damn it fine then I'll say something." I huff, walking past Joe and storming out the door.

No one was coming in or out the apartment just yet so I stood there. Joe stood beside me, holding onto my arm a little. Suddenly, an older man with a younger girl who was probably older than me but she still looked like she was in her 30s.

"Oh Dorothea what a surprise." Mr. Ramsey smiled, putting down his box. Oh this is a sick joke.

"Mr. Ramsey." I nod my head, looking over at Joe who was in shock.

"Is Lee supposed to be helping you?" My head tilts, watching him run his hand through his brown hair.

"Actually my sister is moving in, I'm here to help her." Vance, looked at Joe, who did not look happy he was talking to only me.

"I'm going back inside. Have fun talking." Joe put on a confused face, waking back in.

Silence hit both of us, until I spoke up. "I can help you." I bend over and grab the box he was carrying.

"No I can't ask you to do that." He touched my arm, I'm assuming by accident as he tried to take the box from me.

"No this is pay back for driving me home." I blush, feeling a certain spark in my stomach.

After a minute of him staring daggers at me, he let me go and bring it in the newly bought apartment. The smell of a new house was something that was calming and pretty weird to admit was.

I carried three more boxes up the stairs, staking them all up in the living room area.

Vance stood at the kitchen island, leaning on his hands watching my every move. I saw a glimpse of a tattoo on his hand. This caused me to wonder where else he had tattoos.