07~

Your apathy like's a wound in salt

Dorothea P.O.V

He just stormed out the room like I didn't just have my head and our legs intertwined all night. What an asshole.

Once I showered, I got dressed and put on my makeup. I bit my lip and fluff up my hair a little. I look down having three calls from Rose this morning. Darn it, we were supposed to meet for lunch.

I ran to put my shoes on, while running out the door. Yeah, stupid idea but I was twenty minutes late for lunch.

Ten minutes later I arrived at Antonio's sandwich shop. They had the best sandwiches, especially my favorite an Italian cold cut sub. I shuffle my feet against the ground and open the door wide, walking in.

There Rose stood, with two sandwiches on the table along with Lee and..Vance. Are you serious?

"Sorry this morning was not the nicest to me." I scoff, sitting up in the high chair.

"It's fine, we get it." Rose rubs her head, as she answers me.

"Are you alright?" I ask, rubbing her back.

"Dorothea just um- don't worry." Lee gives me the eyes "she's in a mood". I slowly nod my head, looking right at Vance who looks away from me and to Lee.

I tilt my head in confusion, but don't say anything. All I do is take a bite of my sandwich. Once I do Rose runs to the bathroom. Lee seemed unsurprised and I'm staring to wonder. Did they get into a fight?

I got my purse and followed her in the bathroom. "Rose?" I announce, but it sounded more like a question.

I heard vomiting sounds coming from the back stall and I'm guessing that's her. "Rose are you okay?" I push the door open with my fingertips, to see she was leaning over the toilet.

"I'm pregnant Dorothea." She says quickly before committing again. That's when I grab her hair away from her face.

"Oh my gosh congrats, not saying congrats to this, but still." I smiled, rubbing circles on her back.

"Lee isn't so happy about it, that's why-."

"Wait Lee isn't happy about it?!" My eyes go wide and I sit on the floor with her.

"He said he wanted more time with me, not a baby." She sighed, grabbing a towel to clean her mouth.

"I'm going to fucking kill him-." I answer back, standing on my feet, but Rose grabs my wrist.

"He just is scared Dorothea. He doesn't want us to end up like his parents." She sniffs her nose, sitting up.

I sighed, knowing that Lee had a good reason, but still it was a dick move and I was not here for it.

Once we walk out the bathroom, I find a girl laughing along with Vance by her side. My jaw clenched as I see his hand on her waist. What the fuck was this shit?

"Oh hey Rose, Dorothea welcome back." Vance smirked directly at me and I felt butterflies in my stomach abruptly flutter.

He was doing this on purpose. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Dorothea you okay?" Lee tilts his head, looking over at the window I was staring at. I shake my head, and slowly nod my head playing with the straw paper.

"I'm just not feeling that great, you know like stomach wise." I lie, quickly glancing over at Vance, who was already looking back at me.

"I rode my bike here laugh out loud." I sarcastically answer, sighing right after I said that.

"Dad you could help Dorothea get her license can't you?" Lee hits Vance's shoulder, who cleared his throat.

"Yeah I mean-I have some experience, so if you wanted me to help out." He announces and I look right at him.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'd much rather take a bus." I swoon, rolling my eyes and looking down at the clock.

"Shit. I'm going to be late for my economic class, I'll see you guys at the house." I rush out, putting my purse on my shoulder.

Vance didn't like me and yeah I'll admit it hurt, but he's forty-two, I shouldn't feel for him like I do. It's wrong. It's forbidden.

I shake the thought out my head as I climb on the bike.

I officially hated life.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Dorothea right?" I hear a male voice ask behind me and I turn my head to be met with a boy who had a black leather jacket on and tight blue pants.

"Yeah that's me." I cringe back in his fashion sense, it was obvious he did not know how to style.

"Well my boyfriend Tucker, isn't really social at all but he's seen you doing good in this class. So, he's wanting to know maybe you could tutor him, if it fits your schedule." He puts his hands up in defense.

"Oh-sure, I mean Thursdays aren't really busy for me, so maybe then." I smile, watching him breath out.

"Thank you. You don't understand how much this means to him." He chuckles.

"What's your name?" I raise an eyebrow, pulling out my phone to put his number in it.

"Diego. My name is Diego." He smiled, looking down at my phone and putting his number in it.

"Nice to meet you Diego, I'll see you two on Thursday at Antonio sand which shop." I snap my fingers, walking out the doors.

There I find Lee, leaning on his car with Rose spinning circles. I laughed at them, silently.

Maybe just one day, I could have a fairytale ending? Maybe the world will finally forgive me for being sick in the brain? Maybe people will forgive me for being bi-polar. For now, I'm a loner and for the past twenty-two years, I think even though I had Joe. I was always alone.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

So I was hoping this chapter turned out to be 1000 words but turns out not lol. Hopefully it's still good tho.

Thank you for reading❤️❤️