17~

Qᴜᴏᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ:
ɴᴏᴛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs. Nᴏᴛ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇs. Jᴜsᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴘᴀsᴛ.

♡︎ᴛʜᴇʀᴇs ᴛʜɪɴɢs ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴠᴇ

Dorothea P.O.V

"Babygirl wake up." I hear a raspy voice announce next to me. My eyes scrunch and I cuddle up to the person.

"No-." I groan, tugging at the hoodie that was on me.

"As much as I love to see you in my hoodie and nothing else, we have to go love." Vance ran his hand through my messed up hair.

"Fine, but I'm going to kill you later." I laugh, slowly sitting up.

I notice I'm still in the car and I can see the view of the city. Shit.

Suddenly a feeling of emptiness goes inside me and I'm sitting there looking into outer space. "Baby are you okay?" Vance's voice is distant.

Shit, I'm having an episode. Without answering I open the door and walk over to the cliff. I hear Vance's voice yelling at me, and I was about to fall off when His arms grabbed me up.

"Vance we can't do this anymore. I can't do this anymore." I cried and grabbed my head in frustration. God stop this Dorothea, he's going to think your pathetic and stupid.

"So you're saying what happened didn't make you happy? For god sake you just tried killing yourself!" He grabbed my cheek.

"Stop-no I'm breaking up with you." I say quickly and swat his hand away.

"No you're not." He laughed, picking me up by the waist.

"Yes I am. Fuck, I forgot about school." I gasped. "I have to go now-."

"Dorothea what's the fuck wrong with you!" He yells, his voice echoing through the hills.

I flinch in fear and snap out of the episode. My heart weighed heavy, looking at Vance almost in tears. "I'm sorry." My eyes divert to the car.

"You're going to find out that I'm not worth your time and that I'm stupid." I continue while my eyes start to water. God, so pathetic.

"What are you saying? Dorothea you're not stupid and you are definitely worth my time." I move his hand off my cheek.

"Vance I have episodes." His body stiffens. "And I'm not trying to burden you with my depressive or manic episodes. You're ex-wife was a pain in the ass and I want to be your everything, but I'll act distant. I'll say stuff I don't mean and most of all, you'll start to hate me." I breath in shaky, watching him furrow his eyebrows.

"Baby look at me." His whispers, gripping my waist.

"No Vance- just drive us home and leave me alone. Don't come to my room to fuck me. Don't look at me. Don't talk to me." My lips press together.

"I'll take care of you Dorothea. All you need to do is take medicine and It'll help you."

"You don't get it Vance, I'll lie and say I have taken it! I'm not putting a burden on you. You deserve someone who doesn't have Bipolar Disorder!" I continue to yell and storm away from him.

"So it's over?! Everything you said to me, you didn't mean fucking shit!" He yells at me and I quickly turn my head.

"I meant everything I said Vance, but the look on your face-." I stop, trying not to sob.

"You mean so much to me, but since I'm so fucking in love with you Vance I'm not going to burden you!" My eyes are red now and I gasp for air.

His eyes are wide and mine scared. My feet turn and I walk down the hill to god knows where.

This was a goodbye. A goodbye to my first love, who was my forbidden fruit. Who I'd be damned to hell for.

In my book stories don't have happy endings. This one doesn't. This story is just about a girl finding her first love and utterly messing it up.

I wish I hadn't gotten out that car, I wish I hadn't fall for him and I wish everything was ok with my brother. Honestly, maybe it's time to make things right with him.

It's been two months already and look at me. I've changed so much. I've changed too much.

"Dorothea stop, we can fight this together!" Vance runs up behind me, holding my arm. "I don't think any differently about you having manic depression Dorothea. And-I love you too." My heart stops, but I don't turn around I keep walking to the town.

Fuck this town. Fuck Lee for having such a great dad. Fuck the wedding.

So, I walk away from the love that I gave up on.

🌹🌹🌹🌹
Sorry if I offended anyone! I absolutely did not mean to. I honestly just want to portray a character who's finding love but also has problems within herself. Much love 💕

Also sorry for the short chapter.

Thank you for reading ❤️