Awkward Ride Home - Chapter Fifty

A N N I E

I watched as Liam walked away, pulling out his phone, and dialing Mason's number. Peter was speaking softly to Derek, and Malia and Stiles were taking to one another by the van. I slowly walked over, and placed my hands on either side of my hips.

"I need to be back there with Liam," I nodded. "I'm his anchor, I can help calm him. Plus, I've had some experience dealing with out of control wolves."

Stiles shook his head, "Nope, not happening. Hell no."

I huffed, "Stiles..."

"She'll be fine," Malia raised her eyebrows at Stiles. "We girls can handle ourselves," she said, smiling at me, and I returned one.

Stiles punched the air, then rubbed the crook of his nose, "Fine. Fine... but I'm back there too. You'll be okay riding with Peter?" Stiles questioned Malia.

Malia shrugged, "He is my father, maybe we could do some bonding."

I shook my head, "No, no bonding. Play the radio, and play it loud. Stiles is right, we let him walk around like he's one of the good guys, but if he didn't kill my aunt Kate... we wouldn't even be in this mess."

Malia nodded, and I looked back at Liam as he hung up the phone. "Mason's looking for her, he said he'd tell her to meet us there." Liam confirmed.

We all nodded to one another, and to ourselves, reassuring our individuals that we wanted to go do this.

Peter sighed, "Remember what we're dealing with. It's not just Kate... it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls... Do not assume there is any humanity left."

Liam sucked in a breath, and I reached out and grabbed his hand. Peter smiled, walking over to him, "This little one is terrified of them, aren't you?" Liam let out a muffled growl. "Don't worry, my friend. It is that fear that will keep you alive..." Peter cleared his throat, backing away from Liam and I. "A reminder to everyone.... You do not fight Berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."

* * *

I sighed, feeling the roaring of the engine underneath me, and the push of the tires taking us on our long journey. Liam kissed my temple as I leaned my cheek on his chest, inhaling and exhaling the stress that was building up on me.

"I'm worried about my dad," I said, my eyes closed, my ears listening to the fluttering of is heart beat. "He hasn't called me for days. He took Isaac back to France to help him get back on his feet, but he should have been back by now. He should have been here to help."

Liam wrapped his arms around my waist, and went to say something, but the ringing of his phone interrupted him. He pulled it out of his pocket as I sat up, fixing my hair into a French braid.

"Hey, Mason?"

"Yeah," I listened in on the conversation. I'm not even going to lie when I say I wouldn't give back my supernatural hearing for the world. "Her car's here, but I can't find her. Want me to look around the school again, and see if I can find her?"

Liam nodded, looking at me as I finished braiding the remainder of my hair, and tied the end off with an elastic hair tie. "Yeah, thanks. Call me as soon as you find her."

Liam ended the call and Stiles raised his eyebrows at him, "All good?" Liam nodded. "Okay."

Suddenly, Liam slammed his hands down into the metal seat, and Braeden swerved the large van at the sudden impact. Liam inhaled, then exhaled loudly, trying to counteract the effects of the full moon.

"Here," Derek nodded to me, and I pulled the store bought wooden coaster out of my pocket, handing it to him. "I brought something to help you." He handed it to Liam, and Liam looked at me confused. "This has been with my family for centuries. It's a very power, supernatural talisman."