Werewolf - Chapter Forty-Six

A N N I E

I cringed as Stiles fell trying to get the ball for the third time since the game started. Devenford ran down the field, ball and stick, and scored yet another goal

BH - 0 DP - 4

Stiles crawled his way over to me on the bench, his chest heaving with pants. "Maybe try Scott again," he said, running back onto the field.

I called both Scott and Kira, but neither picked up. One quarter was up, and Liam and Stiles sprinted over to me. "So?" Stiles questioned.

I shook my head and my phone in the air, "Neither of them are answering."

Stiles sighed, "I gotta go see what's going on."

"You're leaving?" Liam questioned, "What are you going to tell coach?"

All of our eyes moved to Coach screaming vulgar things at Greenberg. Stiles shrugged, "Uh, you don't tell him anything, okay?"

Stiles sprinted off the field, probably praying for his life Coach didn't catch him. I turned to Liam, he looked really sexy in his lacrosse jersey. "Liam, you're going to be okay, alright?"

Liam nodded as the whistle was blown, directing everyone back onto the field. Liam quickly kissed my check as he ran past me and onto the field, securing his helmet and pads.

The whistle blew, and the next thing I knew the game had started, but Liam stood in his place. Frozen. Not moving, whatsoever.

"Liam, for the love of god, move!" Coach finally screamed, breaking Liam out of his trance.

Devenford threw the ball, and scored yet another point. The whistle blew once more, and another match began. Liam ran down the court past me, and the next thing I know, he was being shot back. Liam flew through the air, landing on his back only a few feet from me. Brett had pushed him, werewolf strength pushed him.

I let a muffled growl out of my mouth as I stood up, watching as Brett walked over. Liam groaned, "What the hell did you do that for?"

"Because you're afraid!" Brett looked at me, and then back to Liam. "I can smell it on you across the field."

Liam groaned, looking at me. And Brett rolled his eyes, "Are you hurt?"

Liam shook his head, "No."

Brett raised his eyebrows, "Are you still alive?"

Liam huffed, "Obviously."

Brett narrowed his eyes, "Then get up."

The ref ran over as Liam lifted himself off the ground. "Are you okay to play?" Liam nodded, and the ref turned to Brett. "You planning on pulling something like that again?"

Brett smirked, putting his helmet back on. "Only if I have to."