Time - Chapter Thirty-Nine

L I A M

I sat, rubbing my hands together at Scott's kitchen table. It's been two days, and Annie already decided for herself that she wanted to go help Brett. I wish I could help, but the last couple of days has proven that my anxiety cannot even handle it.

Scott sprinted into the kitchen, placing his phone back into his pocket. "Annie and Kira found Brett," I perked up at his freaked expression. "They're fine, but we got to go."

I nodded, standing up, "More assassins?"

Scott sighed, handing me a helmet for his motorcycle. "Maybe a lot more."

I raised my eyebrows, "Different from the ones that tried to set us on fire?"

"I think so, yeah." Scott said, walking towards his kitchen door.

I gulped hard, really hard, attempting to swallow that nerve racking anxiety. Scott shut his door, walking back to me. "How about I take you home?" he offered.

I closed my eyes, "I'm not like you."

Scott smiled, "Not yet."

I huffed, "I don't mean I'm not strong or I'm never going to learn how to be in control. I mean everything else." I shook my head, "You, Annie, your friends... You try to protect everyone. Have you been doing it this whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?"

"Not all of us are," as soon as he said it, I felt like complete shit. Allison... how did I forget about Allison? "Let me at least take you home."

I sighed, "No, I want to be there... for Annie."

* * *

As soon as Scott's bike stopped outside the animal clinic, I sprinted inside, and Annie jumped into my arms. Scott and Kira embraced one another, as well.

"Are you alright?" I ran my hand through Annie's damp hair. "What happened?"

She held her hand as if she was hurt, and she showed me the burn marks. "I caught arrow that was laced with wolfsbane. Satomi had to burn it out of my skin. I'm okay," she smiled, tackling my lips with hers.

I ran my thumbs over her jawline, "Did you find him? Did you find Brett?"

"Actually," Annie stepped back, looking at Scott and Kira, and then back to me. "I think I found all of them."

Our eyes averted to the back of the clinic, where several sick people were huddled together, and an older Japanese woman walked towards us.

Kira nodded, "Satomi, this was who I was telling you about."

She nodded, "I know who Scott and his pack are."

A small girl came from no where, lacing her small hand with Annie's, and I realized it was Brett's sister. They were almost identical in their faces.

"Are we safe here?" she asked, looking around the room at us.

"We're gonna need help," Scott paused, looking up at me. "A lot of help."

* * *

I sat watching Annie as she traveled from person to person, helping and aiding them to health. She looked up at me and smiled, and the small girl she was helping smiled and waved at me too. I watched as Annie turned back to the young girl, and continued to wrap her arm in gauze... How did I get so damn lucky?

Grimy tarp hung from the walls and ceiling of Annie's family's old business building. The loss of sight was a large disadvantage, but also a perk for camouflage. It gave us an easier chance to hide if anyone came after us. I think that's why Annie suggested it.

My head perked up as I heard footsteps trailing towards us, and metal clanking against metal, and then a round being chambered. Scott looked over at me, nodding, telling me that he was going to check it out.

Right after he took two steps, though, Brett rampaged through the tarp and Satomi let loose of her pin, chucking it and hitting a concrete beam. Brett stood panting in front of Argent, ready to tear his eyes out if it wasn't for the gun in his hands.

"Wait! Wait! Brett!" Scott ran out, putting a hand on his shoulder. "This is his place. It's his."

Annie's dad panted, slowly bringing his gun down to his sides. "Annie... If you're bringing guests, you could have called."

Annie shook her head, walking up to me, and wrapping her arm around Lori, while I wrapped my arm around her. Her waist was small, leading me to believe she hadn't eaten in the last couple of days, which would make sense.

"I didn't have anywhere else to take them," she looked up at me.

Satomi laced her hands together in front of her, looking at Argent, "I know this man. He may not remember, but we've met before."

"You can trust him," Scott assured the pack. There was something about Scott that made people trust him, believe in him. "I trust him."

Satomi sighed, "How do we know he's not like the others?"

Argent shook his head, "What others?"

"Last night," Annie inhaled, "a whole team of them, and they used cross bows."

Scott turned back to Argent, "They're hunters, aren't they?"

Argent shook his head, "Not if they're killing for profit..." he looked up at Annie, their relationship has been a little weird ever since she turned into a werecheetah. "Not anymore."

Brett looked at Annie, "Can they find us?"

Annie shrugged, looking at her father. "They might already know we're here."

Argent nodded, "Maybe they're waiting for dark."

Kira raised an eyebrow, "So we're not safe here?"

Satomi sighed, "We're not safe anywhere. We've been trying to get out for days. Everywhere we turn, we find someone new trying to kill us."

"If they're coming, Scott, they're coming for you too. You're still number one on the dead pool," Argent said.

"I know. I know. I'm more worried about who's number two..." Scott looked over at Annie, and I held tighter to her small waist. "I know Lydia can get the answer from Meredith. She just needs more time."

Chris sighed, nodding his head, "Then that's what she'll get."