Like Me - Chapter Ten

A N N I E

"Werewolf?" Liam pointed at Scott, and Scott nodded. "Were-coyote?" he pointed at Malia, she nodded. "Hunter?" he raised his eyebrows at me, and I tucked in my lips, nodding my head. "Banshee." Lydia nodded. "And fox?"

Kira shrugged, "Kitsune. But fox works."

Liam looked at Stiles, "What are you?"

"Uh, for a little while I was possessed by an evil spirit." Stiles paused, "It was very evil."

"What are you now?" Liam raised an eyebrow.

Stiles squinted his eyes, "Better?"

Liam gulped, looking down at the chains on the coffee table. "Are those for me?"

"No, they're for me." Malia said, flashing her blue eyes at him.

Liam shook his head, his eyes widening with curiosity, fear, "How did you do that?"

"You'll learn," Scott stepped forward. "But first, you'll need to get through the full moon."

Liam exhaled, "The moon's already out."

His hands clenched into fists and Liam gritted his teeth. Scott took another step forward, and so did I. Scott nodded, "And you're starting to feel something, aren't you?"

Liam panted, then just bursted out. "I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of psychotic nutjobs! You guys are out of your freaking minds! I don't know how you did that eye thing and I don't care! I'm walking out the door right now! And if any of you try to stop me, I swear to God, I'm gonna--"

Liam grabbed his ears, holding his head as he sunk to his knees, yelling in pain. I ran over to his, dropping to my knees in front of him, and putting my hands on his face, my thumbs stroking his cheeks. "What's wrong, Liam?"

Liam looked up at me, panting and cringing in pain. "You don't hear that?"

Car doors slammed outside and tires squealed. Lydia's eyes were the size of golfballs. "Did you tell someone about this?"

Liam nodded, "I told Mason." Kids hooted and shouted outside. "You said it was a party."

Stiles gulped, "Who did Mason invite?"

Kira looked out the window, "Everyone."

Liam growled, and I pulled my hands away as claws emerged from his hands and fangs grew from his mouth. "The floors!" Lydia cried. "Get him off the floors!"

Liam looked up at me, his eyes glowing gold. Scott shook his head, "We need to get him to the boathouse. Now!"

I pulled Liam to his feet and yanked him as I drug him to the back door, stumbling down the stairs of Lydia's porch and running with him over to the dock house. Finally, my feet hit the wood floor and I sighed in relief. The next thing I knew, Liam pulled from my hands, and turned to me, growling.

I stuck my hands out, "Liam..."

Liam cocked his head to one side, examining me. The next thing I knew, Scott plowed him to the ground and Kira ran up behind him. Liam squirmed underneath Scott, growling, doing anything in his attempt to kill us. Scott held him down. "I got him! Get his hands!"

Kira leaned forward and held Liam's hands the best she could, but Liam was too strong, and he broke free. He charged at her, but I quickly punched him in the side of the face, hard enough that I triggered a pressure point. We all watched as he fell lifeless to the floor, and I brushed my hair behind my shoulders.

"Oh, God." Kira gasped. "You didn't kill him, did you?"

I huffed, "I just knocked him unconscious." I leaned down, feeling his heart rate. "Yeah, he's out cold."