ILY - Chapter Twenty-Three

L I A M

Annie walked into my room, holding her hands together in front of her. She looked around it curiously, as if she was deciphering more information about me from my room itself. She looked over at me watching her, and I looked to the ground. As soon as she looked away though, my eyes were back on her. Annie looked up at me, and this time she nor I looked away.

I just breathed her in. I remembered that in the well, she was my only thought for survival. Out of all the things it could have been, it was her.

"Sorry, I just--my dad wasn't going to be home tonight, because he's following a lead on Kate, and after everything that's happened... I really don't want to be alone." Annie sighed with exhaustion.

I smiled at her, "That's okay, I was happy when you asked."

Annie nodded.

"I'll get you a shirt." I said, walking over to my drawers and opening the top one. I picked out my white state lacrosse shirt, with my number and last name on the back, and gave it to Annie. "The bathroom's just... right over there." I pointed to the yellow light coming from behind my glass sliding door.

Annie nodded, taking the shirt and walking over, shutting the door behind her, leaving a crack in it. My house was built weirdly, like lofts stacked on top of one another, and my room was the highest... which means lots of windows.... which means lots of reflections.

I watched Annie's reflection as she pulled off her shirt and bra, dropping them to the ground. A shiver ran up my spine as I stood mouth gaping at her bare back. She unzipped her pants and slid them down her legs, leaving her in just her underwear. Annie threw her head through my shirt, and then pushed her arms through too. Just as she turned to walk out, I quickly glanced down at my feet, hoping she didn't see me gawking at her reflection.

"Thanks," she smiled at me, and I looked at her draped in my sweatshirt that was ten sizes too big for her. "You can get dressed in your PJ's now."

I nodded, walking into my bathroom and slipping into my sweat pants and walking back out into my room, shirtless. When I turned to face Annie, I found her cheeks blushing as she quickly looked away. I smiled, I'm happy to know I wasn't the only one looking.

"You can take the bed, I'll take the chair." I said, turning off the lights and walking over to my chair.

I heard Annie wiggle underneath my blankets, and then the room went silent, making the urge to get up and kiss her, touch her even more strong.

"Liam?"

"Hmm." I sat up, afraid something was wrong.

"You shouldn't have to sleep in the chair."

I shook my head, "It's okay, it wouldn't be the first time."

Annie paused, "Liam?"

"Yeah?"

I could hear the smile in her voice, "Please don't sleep in the chair."

It took me a moment to contemplate that she wanted me to sleep with her in the bed. Finally, I nodded, standing up and walking over. She scooted over, making room for me in the bed. I laid down, and Annie smiled at me.

"I really like you," she said.

I inched closer to her, "I really like you too... like a lot actually, and I'm sure you already knew that but I just--"

Annie gently pushed her lips on mine. I reached out and grabbed her by the waist, tucking up my sweatshirt and maneuvering my hand onto her bare skin. Annie's hand trailed down my bare chest, and then to my waist, pulling and tugging me closer.

She rolled me over, so that she was sitting on me, her hips poised in his position that made me go crazy. She kissed my jawline and down my neck, and then trailed kissed to my chest. As she made her way down my body, only one thing came to mind... I wanted her.

I loved her.

"I love you," I blurted out, and as soon as I said it, I wish I wouldn't have.

Annie looked up at me, and her phone started ringing. She glanced over at her pants, and then quickly rushed over to them, pulling out her phone. "Hello?"

She looked over at me, listening, then hit the end button. "They found the Alpha of that pack, her name's Satomi-san. She's Kira's grandmother." Annie paused, "Her entire pack is dead."