It's a Bathroom Bash - Chapter Seven

A N N I E

I sat on the small cot the paramedics had brought up to the roof. They patched up my head, told me it'd heal, and wouldn't leave a scar. They gave me some water and told me "Drink" so that's what I'm doing. Sheriff looked over at me, and then back to Deputy Parrish.

"Hey, let's get everyone off the roof." he gave orders to his deputy. "And see if you can stall the Medical Examiner for five minutes. I've got an expert of my own coming to take a look."

Deputy Parrish scoffed, arching his shoulders, "You have an expert on teenage cannibals?"

Sheriff sighed, giving me a look, and then turning back to Parrish. I couldn't tell if he was annoyed, or slightly irritated... either way, he looked like he was about to blow a fuse. "Five minutes, Parrish."

Deputy Parrish nodded, walking past me and giving me a gentle, "Hey, Argent."

I smiled up at him, the biggest smile I could give him at the time. Sheriff turned to me, "Uh, I guess you've been there long enough to hear we need to be quick about this." Sheriff looked around the near empty roof, and we both watched as Derek walked through the roof access door, and then it was shut behind him. Sheriff cleared his throat, "Scott said he called himself a Wendigo."

I rolled my eyes, one of these things... really? "Canibalistic shape-shifters." I commented, and Sheriff gave me a look. I sighed, hunching my shoulders, "It's in the bestiary."

Derek nodded, agreeing with me, "But I haven't heard of them in Beacon Hills for a long time. Must have been well-hidden." Derek smelled the air, and then he turned to me. "How many people did you say were up here?"

I shrugged, remembering what Stiles told me to say and what not to say. "Just Sean, myself - but I was unconscious the entire time - Scott, and the axe-murderer. Those are the only I remember, and that's what Scott said."

"Yeah, the axe-murderer who apparently has no mouth." Sheriff shook his head, then looked up at Derek, "You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"

Derek shook his head, still smelling the air. "There was someone else. Someone young," he sniffed the air, "and male."

Sheriff bobbled his head, "You can smell his fear?"

Derek raised an eyebrow at me, "And his blood."

Usually, a person under this pressure would start to crack, but my father trained me to be a skillful liar. My heartrate doesn't go up or down, my palms don't grow sweaty or cold, and my blood remains the same temperature the entire time. There is no fidgeting or moving, there is just complete eye-contact... I'm a sneaky little shi--

I shrugged, "Like I said, I was unconscious, and I can't contemplate a reason of why Scott would lie about this."

"Alright," Sheriff nodded, putting his hand on my back as the medical examiner walked onto the roof. "Go home, get some rest, wash up. Oh, and tell Stiles to call me."

* * *

I locked my car, holding my aching head as I stumbled my way up the steps to Scott's house. It felt good to be home, or be in my tempory home until my dad gets back. I wish I could just ice my head, and take a long drag on the couch... but of course, nothing is that easy.

I walked in and Stiles rushed towards me, looking me up and down for broken bones. I sighed, "Your dad says to call him."

Stiles shook his head, "Later, what happened? How did everything go?"

I inhaled, sitting down on the couch and feeling the relief echo through my body. I looked down at the messy coffee table in Scott's living room. I'll have to do some cleaning later. "Just what you told me on the phone. I told him everything I could."