18

One might think that things were looking up. Much had changed and after initial difficulties with the government, it came to an agreement. Not everyone was in favor of the Transformers anymore and saw them more and more as a threat. In recent years, the number had dropped significantly, but a few months ago, it almost began to plummet. Why, why, why, had not been evident, because an incident, which could be responsible for it, did not exist. Nothing in that direction.

What turned out to be a difficulty in the last few months was to get the application through to extend her last name. One would think that it would be easy to get her mother's maiden name, but that was not the case. Even as a government official, an agent of the CIA, it took eight months for Brady to finally own the name Savoy-O'Neil. But that wasn't the end of it, because, any papers she had had to be changed. What a cramp act that had been.

"After all, I had that date with the Secretary of Defense last week. Nice old man," too quickly, because the Secretary was at most five or six years older than Brady's boss, "T'sorry."

"What about your friend?" was Attinger's retort, at which Brady began to nod knowingly, "What does he say?"

"I haven't heard from him in seven weeks, so it's safe to assume it's over," otherwise Brady wouldn't have gone out to the minister either, "Anyway, we're on the list for the grant. We were one of the ten that were on it first. It looks strongly, very strongly, like we're going to get it. Eighty percent, because there's still Homeland where he owns Friends."

"Good," short and to the point, yet a little more enthusiasm on Attinger's part would have been sautéed, because, the talk was of a lot of money, "Do you...."

".... the paperwork ready for today's meeting with the committee? Of course," it had been redundant to ask what Attinger should know by now had been done long ago if he asked Brady, "All the data and implications since the Transformers came to Earth. The main focus of your presentation is the Chicago fight. It's to emphasize how important it is to take action against this threat, that's why Cemetery gives wind. At the end of the video, mention the dead again and how much human life has changed because of the Transformers. It's merely for the subconscious. Seeing it and being told it again afterwards ensures it would be worse than actually thought. And very importantly, when it transitions to the Transformers. Addressing the Autobots first, after that the Decepticons and last but not least, Cemetery Wind, which perform tremendously. When listing, the last thing said is the most likely to be remembered. The conclusion is trading off all the alien stuff. It should be enough. What about the upcoming meeting with the chief of staff?"

"That'll be over quickly," at least Attinger hoped so, but it all depended on what the President was sending the second most powerful man in Washington for, "In the meantime, you can see what the recent activity is all about in particular, this one piece of news."

The little appendage of 'this one message' was there for one reason only, so that there would be no operation from the Cemetery Wind where James ended up clashing with Attinger because, quote at this point, "If one more time, some moron is spreading some bullshit, you better check it twice, otherwise you can catch and deliver your dirt Decepticons yourself.