22

Apart from Attinger's meeting with the chief of staff, there was other news. A few days after Attinger and Brady met with Lockdown on the latter's ship somewhere in Arctic, to be more precise.

"An alliance is a contract. And contracts, just like people, have an expiration date," Lockdown proclaimed, but Attinger retorted with the old familiar saying, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, "I have a saying too. Is. Me. Don't care."

After that, Lockdown blamed them, the Black Ops team in particular, for making Mexico City a bust. And instead of answering each other's questions, a counter question was asked or, as in the case of the Transformer, that their species, humans, were the same everywhere and thought they were the center of the universe. Too kindly, and with those words, the meeting was declared over.

Then the news arrived. Near Austin, Texas, there was an old truck that was said to be a Transformers. A truck, which could only mean one thing, namely, Optimus Prime had been found, because after all, there was merely a known Transformer that transformed into a truck. As soon as Attinger received the message, everything was in full swing to complete the preparations as quickly as possible and the operation could start.

At sunrise, Cemetery Wind, with a motorcade and a helicopter, set out for Austin. Several hours, more than half a day, a good seventeen, it took by car from Chicago to Austin. When the team, then arrived in the late afternoon and drove through the small town to the Yaegers' home, Lockdown moved into position nearby.

"Okay, a quick briefing," Brady began, holding a tablet in her hands and sitting down on a table, front row, with an unblinking gaze at the display, after the room was empty except for Attinger, "The name is Cade Yeager. An inventor who, it seems, has yet to invent anything of value. There is absolutely nothing about him to be found on the Internet. A nobody by the looks of it. Apart from that, he has a seventeen-year-old daughter named Tessa. Both live alone because his wife and mother of their daughter died some time ago. According to the bank records, they have accumulated some debts, so their house as well as the land is also for sale. It was Lucas Flannery, a friend or colleague, whatever, who called us about the truck. On my part, that was it."

All the instructions for what to do next, were given on the drive to the house, to save that time after arrival, so the team, immediately upon arrival, began to split up and spread out around the property. And while the troops were walking around on the ground, the helicopter was circling in the sky. They were obviously not expected, so Prime shouldn't be too far away.

"Mister Yaeger, my name is James Savoy. I'm a federal agent. My men and I are looking for an abandoned truck," so quickly a Transformer, was turned into a runaway dog, "You've got a nice piece of land. Too bad it's for sale."

"Thanks a lot. But it's not," the records told a very different story and there Yaeger could tell what he wanted, "Is that the truck you mean?"

"Does he think we're stupid or is he trying to play us for fools?", Brady posed the question because she felt screwed, thanks to Yager's bad acting, cluelessness, "Oh, you know what James? Just play his game."

"I'm afraid not," as if Optimus Prime was going to transform into an old pickup truck too, so James didn't even need to look at the truck, "You know, we got a call from someone concerned about the truck. That wasn't you?"

"I'm just concerned that you're trespassing on my property without asking me," countered Yaeger, whose voice was beginning to sound strained, "You know, I'd rather not mess with a Texan. And, I have no idea what kind of truck you're talking about."

"One that killed a lot of Americans. Search the property," James gave the order to his men to advance the search a little, but Yaeger wanted a court order, "My face, is my court order."

✔ᵉⁿᵍˡⁱˢʰ Warfare [Transformers]✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें