14

It was unavoidable, because while Will was standing with her in the office, Brady got a message from her boss to stop by KSI and find out why Mister Joyce made the suggestion that some things had been underestimated.

Of course, the message didn't say anything more specific, which was perfectly understandable. No evidence, no charge. There may have been a meeting or two, but nothing else. No agreements, no deals, just those meetings, and because of that, the case would be off the table very quickly.

After her last visit, however, Brady was not eager to visit and face the company owner for the sole reason that it was not clear how he would react if she came and not Attinger. In two meetings, Brady could ill tell how resentful Joyce was. A little or incredibly strongly. The last thing she wanted was to be escorted out by security.

"I have to go see someone," on this point Brady was glad to have to KSI because then she would finally get away from Will, "I'm sorry but this is important."

"Then I'll come with you," how Will came up with this moronic idea Brady wasn't aware of, alone because she said 'I' and not 'we', "I have time and you don't have to go there alone."

"Yes.... no," some people were actually unable to take no for an answer, which Brady had always thought was bullshit, because, what was so misunderstood about a no, "You don't have time, you're bored. Find something to do or a hobby. Even for you, there must be something you can do to pass time."

"I'd rather be around people than playing video games," leaving Will with nothing but a million other options or ways to occupy himself, "Come on. People say I'm good company."

His friends, which didn't amount to much. You couldn't put much stock in the opinions of friends, they would 'always' stand by you and be nice. You see the idiots in all the casting shows whose friends say how great he can sing and what was in the end? The person disgraced himself to Mark, because the so-called friends, zero backbone possessed to tell their so-called 'friend' to leave it rather, because it would not be enough for a music career.

─⌖❖⌖─

At what point was persistence just annoying? A fine line, Brady would guess, because, whatever Will was trying, was going in the complete wrong direction. To regain control, sometimes we have to give up, so she gave a 'come on then' along with it and raised her hand because, if he was going to come, he might as well drive. She had learned one thing. In the face of the enemy, nature is stronger than even the best training. It separates the strong from the weak. And sometimes she tells us that submission is the best of all moves. A bit of an exaggeration, because Will was not an enemy, but the intentions should be clear.

"Miss O'Neil, Mister Joyce is already expecting you," to the greeting, the red-haired woman who had come outside handed Brady an unusual looking tablet, for whatever it was, but the woman was already making an inviting gesture to follow her inside the building, "It's your access card to the lab. I was told you know the way. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"Would you show him the highlights of KSI?", taking him along Brady could hardly do so and made a smiling head movement to Will next to him because, let's face it, every woman at KSI is a guy's dream, just like her companion, was the dream guy for many gals, "He doesn't understand my enthusiasm and rather makes fun of it because one of my most used words when it comes to this company is 'amazing'. You'd think it would be men in particular who would understand this fascination but no."

"Don't worry, we'll get that," the odds were fifty-fifty, thus the redhead might end up being right, "In the end, it's everyone. Mister Joyce has a talent for getting people excited. You should see the waiting list for his new models. In two years, THEY'LL be on the market and there's no information about them yet, just that one sentence. The revolution in car technology. I don't even want to know how big the rush will be when the presentation is over and the product is finally launched."

"Good to know," Will joined the conversation with a slightly mocking tone, pointing back and forth between the two women, "Don't you two want to talk some more and I'll take the appointment?"

Definitely not, so Brady could only wish Will a good time and headed for the stairs that led up to the second floor. Level twenty-three it had been.