23.

Julian

My release party got pushed back a couple weeks, since I got COVID. Shit ran me hot, I felt like I was damn near goin die. But I have to thank allah for helping me through it. I been trying to keep my shit under wraps but tonight is the night of my release party. And I'm excited I worked so hard for this and now it's finally ready to be heard. I haven't talked to cam since that day at her house, and knowing her she probably threw the flowers I sent in the trash or gave them back to the delivery guy. I miss her dawg like dead ass. I really miss my baby. I've tried to get some information from the guys but Amber and Tara have been church mouse quiet. I can't even be mad at them though, they got her back and they're BEYOND LOYAL TO CAMILLE. I called Royce to see what the plan was for today, I'm not sure if he has an itinerary for tonight or not but I just want everything to be perfect.

"Hey OG we all set for tonight is there anything I need to do or be prepared for"

"Wassup East! Yea you got a few people that want interviews but nothing major. You know shake hands, thank people, live it up"

"Ok ok that's wassup, uhhh is Camille going to be there" I said scratching the back of my neck

"Look son, I fuck with you but my daughter comes first. You better respect that! I'm not promising that she will be there or not. Now if she is YOU NEED TO RESPECT HER SPACE! You hurt her, and I understand your music is important to you but you should learn to balance your relationships and music. I'm not just saying that because Camille is my daughter but because I've been in this business a LONG TIME"

"Yes sir I get what you're saying, it just won't feel right without her ya know"

" Look I know you love my daughter, but you need to prove that to her too. And you know her ass is stubborn. So I don't know what you're going to do to get back in her good graces. Just know I won't help you do it"

"Alright OG I preciate the pep talk I'll see you tonight"

He chuckled and hung up the phone. I put on some basketball shorts and a wife beater then headed to my moms house. The whole drive there all I could think about was Camille and how my mama might throw a chancla at my head or a pan. She doesn't know that we broke up, well I don't think she knows. I pulled into the drive way and cut the engine off. I hopped out the car and unlocked the door. "Ma!" "I'm in the back yard son" I heard her call from the back porch. "Hi beautiful lady" I kissed her head. "MMMHMMM, so why didn't you tell me y'all broke up Julian" she put her glass of wine down on the table. "I uh-" "Dont get shy now open that big ass mouth of yours. You can spit bars but now all of a sudden you can't talk right" she hit my arm.

"Yea she called me and told me how you showed your ass and that she moved out. I can't believe you'd be that damn stupid to lose a WOMAN like her" she hit me again. "Ma I" I tried to explain "I know I didn't ask you to speak! I'm not done boy!" So after 20 minutes of her yelling and hitting my arm she finally calmed down and let me explain. "Ma I was just so stressed out with my music and the deadline. I don't know why I was acting so cold towards her" I said honestly. I regret all those times I just randomly snapped at her because I was tired or stressed.

"Todo lo que sé es que lo arreglas mejor. No encontrarás a otra mujer como ella" she raised her eyebrow at me seriously. "Yes ma, are you coming out tonight to my release party" she nodded. I really came over cause I know she had cooked. I made a plate then took a nap, for one I'm not paying for no undercooked or rubbery food and two my mama can cook. I drove back to the crib to get ready, I threw my keys down on the bar and put my phone down too. I went to the closet to get some clothes I ironed my fit and got in the shower. While the warm water was hittin my skin I was thinking back to when Cam was using the showerhead to fuck a nigga head up. Shit was sexy as fuck just the thought of her was making my shit hard. I gotta shake her out my head so I can hurry up and leave. After about 45 minutes I was ready to walk out the door.