Chapter 60, Part 2

Ariella's P. O. V:

Gaius and I gallop into the main courtyard, our horse's hooves thundering on the cobbles. We stop before the stairs and Beauty rears up briefly, whinnying.

I stroke his strong neck as Beauty snorts and we're greeted by Sir Gwaine and my brother, Eric and Ryder with them

I stroke his strong neck as Beauty snorts and we're greeted by Sir Gwaine and my brother, Eric and Ryder with them. I wasn't surprised. Gwen or one of the knights must've messaged my father when Merlin and I didn't return sooner.

Gwaine takes Gaius's horse while Ryder takes mine, and we dismount. I turn and wrap my arms tightly around my brother, grateful that he's here.

As a couple of guards come to take our horses to the stables, I feel Gwaine staring at me as Eric puts his arm around my shoulders and we head inside the castle. When Gaius, Gwaine, Ryder, Eric and I reach the top of the stairs to the first floor, we're immediately greeted by an anxious Gwen, Mira and Jason.

"Gaius! Ari!" She gasps, running up to us.

"Mummy!!" My babies exclaim, throwing themselves on me and nearly knocking me over, though I chuckle slightly.

"My Lady," We return, and I avert my eyes as I bend to pick up my children, kissing both their cheeks as they bury their faces in my shoulder. Mira is wearing a three quarter length sleeved dark blue dress with her hair in a half braid, half ponytail.

 Mira is wearing a three quarter length sleeved dark blue dress with her hair in a half braid, half ponytail

I didn't want to look at either Gwen or Gwaine in case they recognise me from the battle. I want to get home and bury myself in bed with a book as soon as we're finished here.

"Tell me!" Gwen presses.

"He's alive," Gaius responds, crossing his arms. Gwen gasps in immense relief as she puts her right hand to her face.

Ryder questions with a puzzled frown, "Then, why isn't he with you?"

"He's wounded," I state, causing Gwen to look up at me. I hand my children over to my brother so I could hold out the royal seal with the tiny winged dragon carved into it to the Queen. "He wanted me to give you this, My Lady."

Gwen looks ready to burst into tears as she takes the ring from me.

"Where is he?" She asks desperately.