Chapter 2, Part 2

Ariella's P. O. V:

It was the second day of the tournament. Today, I'm wearing a sleeveless black and grey dress (the top black, the bottom grey), a black cloak thrown over my shoulders. After I'd finished my training with the knights, I had changed into my dress and had gone to wish Eric good luck, before heading for Arthur's chambers.

Last night, I had visited Merlin with Luna, and after singing to him, we'd fallen asleep in each other's arms. I had reluctantly gotten up to go to training.

I knock on his door. When he calls for me to enter, I step in, and study Arthur in his knightly attire.

"You look very handsome, Princeling," I say, going up to him.

"Well, I guess it couldn't have gone much worse," He replies. I stand in front of him, gazing at Arthur. "And your brother?"

"I'd just seen him, so I thought I'd come escort you to the arena," I reply, holding out my arm for him.

Arthur smiles as he takes my arm, looping his through it. With that, I lead him to the arena, walking past Merlin who is standing at the gates. I kiss Arthur's cheek as I release our arms and leave the arena, going to stand watch with Merlin.

"Good morning!" I greet Merlin, causing him to smile at me.

"Good morning, Ari." We both look back at Arthur to see he's holding his sword up while the audience cheers and claps loudly with excitement.

Coming up beside me, Gaius asks Merlin, "Is it my imagination, or are you beginning to enjoy yourself?"

Merlin turns to us as I smirk at him, and he replies, stammering, "It..." A sigh of defeat. "... It isn't totally horrible all the time."

I keep smirking as I nudge his side with my elbow, giving Merlin a wink. Merlin smiles at me as he blushes lightly. Gaius just gives Merlin a questioning look.

Merlin asks upon noticing it, "What?"

Gaius says nothing.

The first match begins.

"Yes!!" Merlin and I cheer as we clap, watching as both knights swords clash against one another a couple of times. Arthur throws up his shield to block his opponents' next strike.

Arthur and his opponent clash several more times, until Arthur lands a blow that earns him victory.

The second match was between Valiant and Yuen, a knight wearing purple robes. Their swords clash a few times before Valiant knocks Yuen down, Yuen's helmet falling off, and pins him under his shield. Valiant remains on top of the young knight, until Valiant slashes at him with his sword, knocking Yuen unconscious.

Valiant then climbs back to his feet and thrusts his sword up onto the ground and takes off his helmet, holding it up, as the audience cheers and claps for him.

I linger at the gates as Merlin goes over to Arthur, studying the young knight in concern. Gaius enters the arena and goes up to Ewan, crouching beside him to examine the dark haired man.

After that, it was Eric's match, which he'd won, of course. Then the rest of the day just flew by.

                          🗡🗡🗡

Both Arthur and Eric won all their matches. I was really worried about the knight Valiant fought, Ewan. So when the day's tournament was over, I left my coat in my chambers and visited him in the physician's quarters.