Chapter 27, Part 2

Ariella's P. O. V:

I wake up the next morning in Merlin's arms, my head on his chest. Golden morning sunlight streams in through the crack in the pink curtains, brushing against Merlin's features. His face looks peaceful in his sleep and his hair has fallen over his eyes.

I smile softly at my husband, taking in his content posture. "Like what you see, Princess?" I start slightly when Merlin asks this, a cheeky smirk in his face.

I blush deeply as I reply, smiling back at him, "Very much." His smirk widens before Merlin flips us over so I'm underneath him, his legs straddling my waist. I giggle, seeing his black hair all messy from sleep. I think it just makes him look cuter.

Merlin leans down and starts kissing me deeply. I thread my fingers in his hair and bring his lips closer to mine, deepening the kiss. He manages to slip his tongue inside my mouth and explores every inch of it before he trails butterfly kisses along my jaw, while slipping his hands under my nightgown and rubbing my sides up and down. I turn my head with a moan as he kisses down my neck, then along my collarbone.

I moan again, feeling the warlock smirk against my skin. Before he could go any further, however, Merlin is stopped by a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I manage to call while stifling another moan when Merlin kisses the same spot again.

"Uh, it's Naomi, Ari. I've brought you and Merlin your breakfast," The redhead responds. I give my husband a pointed look and he pouts in return, but still climbs off me anyway.

Merlin goes to open the door for Naomi while he and I straighten our clothes and hair up. "You know I could've gotten that, Naomi," He tells her as she enters, carrying a tray laden with food fit to feed an army to our dining table.

"I figured you could use a break while we're here. Besides you are technically a Prince once you married Ari," Naomi states as she sets the tray down and I go over to the table. Naomi glances at me, smirks, then takes one look at Merlin before asking, "Sorry. Was I interrupting something important? Perhaps I should've come later?"

"No! No!" You weren't interrupting anything, Naomi!" I say, holding up my hands and waving them back and forth. I notice my husband smirking at me playfully as he takes his seat, and I scowl at him, blushing deeply.

I go and pick Mira up out of her crib and bring her over to the table for breakfast.

Naomi says, "I'll find out both your clothes for the hunting trip this morning."

I just nod as she goes to the closet to find out our clothes.

🗡🗡🗡

About an hour or two later, while daddy is taking care of Mira, I walk with Merlin from the armory while I carry my sword and crossbow, and he carries a crossbow of his own, when Princess Katherine comes from around the corner from the guest quarters.

"Ari, Merlin! It's great that you're joining us on the hunt," Katherine says as she stops before us.

"Oh, yeah. It's so much fun watching you people kill innocent animals," I say sarcastically, and Katherine looks taken aback by my tone. "Sorry. It's not you. I just don't like hunting at all. My husband isn't a fan, either."

"Eric had told me," She says, nodding. "Ari, I really like your brother, but I get the feeling he used to be in love with someone else."

"What makes you say that?"

"I've just noticed the way he'd look at the Lady Morgana. There's a hint of... sadness in his eyes. Almost disappointment."