Chapter 8, Part 1

Songs used:

Dear Diary by Britney Spears

Third Person's P. O. V:

As Merlin tidies up Arthur's chambers the next morning, he asks, "Have you seen Ari this morning?"

Without looking up from his papers, the young Pendragon replies, "She left for a ride on Aurelia before breakfast."

"She is with that horse a lot, isn't she?" Merlin asks thoughtfully.

"Ari loves that horse more than anything. Except Luna, of course. She's always riding whenever she can get away from her duties."

"How come you didn't go with her?" Merlin wonders.

Arthur finally looks up at him as he replies in exaggeration, "Trust me, Merlin, no one can keep up with her while riding. Ari is probably the fastest rider I know."

"So, you're worried she'll leave you in the dust, then?" Merlin starts to smirk at the thought, but it drops when Arthur whips a sharp glare at him.

"Don't be ridiculous, Merlin! I can beat Ari at a horse race any day if I wanted," Arthur says, before returning his attention to his papers.

Merlin resumes making up the bed as he attempts to hide his smirk, but to no avail.

Ariella's P. O. V:

Aurelia's hooves thunder across the ground as we race at a fast gallop through the forest outside of Camelot, my long, white blonde hair whipping out behind me. Sweat has started to coat her sides and flanks. I'm dressed in my riding clothes with consist of a sleeveless black shirt and pants with a green skirt on top, white boots that stop above my ankles and black leather fingerless gloves on my hands.

The sun continues to rise as Aurelia and I race through the trees, dodging around ones with low hanging branches. A couple of feet ahead, I see a large, wide, fallen log blocking the path. A grin stretches across my face as I urge Aurelia on.

At the exact right moment, she leaps up, and for just a few seconds, it feels like we're flying through the air. Then, Aurelia's hooves touch the ground gracefully before she takes off again, in the direction of Camelot.

                           🗡🗡🗡

Aurelia's hooves clatter along the cobblestones as we return to the castle, and those in our way hurriedly move to the sides to avoid being trampled. As I reach the steps, I see Arthur and Merlin waiting there for me.

I pull Aurelia to a stop and she rears up as she lets out a shrill whinny, her hooves scraping the air, causing Merlin to jump back out of fright, and the guards nearby to gasp

I pull Aurelia to a stop and she rears up as she lets out a shrill whinny, her hooves scraping the air, causing Merlin to jump back out of fright, and the guards nearby to gasp. The mare's hooves hit the ground and I stroke her sweaty mane.