Chapter 6, Part 2

Ariella's P. O. V:

The next morning, I awoke and make my way downstairs from Merlin's room. I'd accidentally fallen asleep there the night before after having gotten away from Edwin.

I see Gaius sitting at a desk with a book open in front of him. His white hair is messy and there are sleep circles under his eyes.

"Good morning, Gaius," I greet. "Have you been up all night?"

"Yes, but it was worth it," He replies tiredly, straightening in his chair. "Where are you going?"

I say as I put the bag strap over my shoulder, "I told Edwin I would I would be up at dawn to collect some supplies."

"Well, you better get a move on, then."

I nod and leave, going to my own chambers to quickly bathe and change first. I didn't want people to think I may have slept in the Physician's Quarters.

Third Person's P. O. V:

The door to Edwin's chambers creak open as Gaius walks in, and he says, "Edwin." The said man looks at him wearily as Gaius approaches the table, and he slowly puts the box down. "Your scar has healed well. I often wondered what happened to that poor young boy."

"I... told you we've never met before."

"I didn't realise who you were until I checked the records," Gaius explains. "You used your mother's maiden name. You are Gregor and Jaden's son."

"They were friends of yours."

"They were sorcerers."

"They practised magic," Says Edwin inna strained tone. "And so did a lot of people back then, Gaius."

"Uther will be furious when he finds out who you are," Gaius tells him as he comes around the table.

"Fine! Fine! Shall we tell him? Let's go and tell him! Let's tell him—let's tell him everything!" Edwin says as he walks over to the door. He pauses as a thought hits him. "Oh! I know! We could also tell him about Ariella and Merlin!"

Gaius averts his eyes as he reiterates, "Ariella? Merlin?"

"You didn't know they were sorcerers? Or that the princess's mother was a high priestess of the Old Religion?" Edwin clicks his tongue disappointingly as the two men go back to the table. "Ah! I wonder what Uther will do? Probably have them burned?" He asks as he looks back up at Gaius.

"Ariella's mother died a long time ago. You would be betray another's sorcerer?" Gaius asks incredulously.

"You did!" Edwin shouts, hatred and anger in his tone. "When you turned a blind eye and let my parents die at the hands of Uther! At least Ariella doesn't have a... son who will try to rescue her from the flames!" He adds, pointing to the scar on the right side of his face and neck.

Gaius murmurs, "You're here to take revenge." Not a question, but rather, a statement.

Leaning his hands on the table, Edwin says in a low, dangerous voice, hatred glinting in his brown eyes, "And I have waited a long time!"

"You think I will sacrifice the king to save Ariella and Merlin?"

"Think about it, Gaius," Edwin warns him, straightening. "But if I find out that you have told one other person—including the girl—I will go straight to Uther!"

Gaius was about to say something when the door opens, causing their heads to turn as the blonde haired princess walks in, carrying a bag.

Ariella says as she closed the door and takes the bag off her shoulders, seeing Gaius, "I've got your provisions."