Chapter 25, Part 2

Songs used:

All Is Found by Evan Rachel Wood

Ariella's P. O. V:

A few short hours later, after having changed into my fur lined winter dress coat, and putting my hair in a braid, I find a few roses left on my bedside table, on the left side of the room as you enter. I'd smiled, knowing they were from Merlin's magic. Roses were also my most favourite flower! I'd then whirled around and was racing out the doors and down the steps, seeing Arthur is already mounted on Torrento, with Merlin following.

He looks up but then swivels his head in my direction as I stop by Torrento's head. "Ari, what are you doing here? Merlin and I have to go," Arthur tells me, gazing down at me as I raise my sapphire eyes to his.

"I'm going with you," I say hurriedly, unable to believe that they'd leave without me.

"No. It's too dangerous for you," Arthur says immediately as Merlin looks worried by that.

"More dangerous than it is here?" I retort, using the Prince's earlier words against him. He looks exasperated by that. I then say to Merlin pointedly, "You're my husband, Merlin. Where you go, I go!"

"Look, Ariella, I know you really want to come—" Arthur begins, but I cut him off.

"Which I do!"

"—but it's just too dangerous for you. Especially since you're pregnant. Merlin and I will find this Balinor, while you stay and take charge of defence."

I pause in my next retort, blinking my eyes a few times as I stare at the Prince. "You want me to, what now?"

"Take charge of defence in my absence. Your husband gave me an earful about letting you do it last night, but he refuses to let you come with us. He and I both know you'll still try to come, so, while we're away, I'm placing you in charge of defence and protecting Camelot. Do you think you can do that one thing for me, Ariella?" Arthur's voice was gentle, yet firm as he gives me this order. Just like a king would.

I flick my gaze to my husband, seeing the pleading look to accept this proposal, before I look back at Arthur and heave a defeated sigh. "Alright, fine! You win, Princeling!" I mutter, frowning at him.

"Good. We won't continue that conversation."

Arthur goes to nudge Torrento forward but I grab the reins, making him pause and Arthur to look at me quizzically. "Be careful. Both of you."

Arthur and Merlin smile as the blonde responds, "You know us, Princess. We're always careful!"

"Unfortunately, I do know you, Princeling," I mutter, earning myself a playful glare. I quickly give Torrento a sugar cube before I step back enough to let him pass. Then, Merlin brings his horse up to me, pausing before me.

"Can you believe that my father is a Dragonlord? I'm actually going to get to meet him!" Merlin says excitedly. "Did your mother ever know that Balinor had a son from all those stories she told you?"

I shake my head as I reply, "No. She never knew. I really wish I can come and meet Balinor! You're so lucky you get to go." I subconsciously rest a hand on my stomach, where the baby was beginning to grow inside me. I add, looking back up at him, "I hope you're still not mad at Gaius?"

Merlin follows my hand with his gaze and gives me a reassuring smile as he says, "I'm not. I just apologised. I wish you could come with us, too, Ari, but not this time. I'll definitely be sure to tell him about you two."

I have to giggle at that. "You better! Oh, and Merlin? I love my roses."

He grins at me at that, a blush on his cheeks. "I'm glad, Princess."