The Adventures Of Merlin Series 3: Chapter 26, Part 1

Songs used:

Journey To The Past by Liz Calloway from Anastasia

Merlin's P. O. V:

Two months before Morgana's return to Camelot.....

Half a year has passed since we'd stopped Kilgarrah and he retreated from Camelot. Since Morgana went missing. I think Ari misses Morgana out of all of us, aside from Arthur, Gwen and Uther, of course, as they were like sisters.

As the year went by, Ari's belly grew bigger with the baby, preventing her from doing things like going on hunts with Arthur and I, training, or going on the search for Morgana. Ari said she's been trying to find them with her scrying crystal, but hasn't found them yet. She also said she's been using it to keep an eye on Arthur and I whenever we'd go out to look for the king's ward, just to make sure we were safe. Especially me. I didn't mind at all.

The expected date is August 23thrd. Which is today, but so far, there hasn't been any indication of the baby's arrival, and it was making me anxious. I refused to think of anything negative right now. Our baby's birth is the kind of distraction we all need right now. Even Uther has been looking forward to it, despite his worry and mind set on Morgana.

Gaius, Ari and I were just finishing up dinner, Luna eating beside the table, which is just like what Arthur has because my wife is a Princess and can have any type of meal brought up, should she ask, and I was going to wash up the dishes as Ari was making her way to our shared room, when she suddenly cries out in pain.

I nearly drop the bowl I was taking to the sink when Ari cried out, and I dump it on the bench as I whirl around. My eyes widen when I see my wife hunching over on her way to the stairs, arms wrapped around her stomach.

I rush over to her as Gaius does and I kneel beside the blonde, my hands landing on her shoulders as I gaze down at her worriedly. "Ari? What is it? What's wrong?" I ask, seeing the pain on her tight face.

Gaius watches Ari wearily as she manages to say through clenched teeth, "The baby's coming."

I had to pause as Gaius did and suck in a sharp, surprised breath, feeling my eyes widen more, if possible. "Wh... What...?"

"The baby's coming! For real, this time," She gasps, reminding me of those false alarms we've had in the past few hours.

I jerk my head up at my uncle and we stare at each other with wide eyes. Regaining his composure, Gaius says, standing up, "Merlin, get her to your room. Then go get Gwen and Naomi. I'll need their assistance. And tell the king and Arthur what's happened!"

I nod my head as I wrap one of my arms around Ari's back, the other under her knees, and carefully lift her up bridal style, before I carry her up the stairs to our chambers. I slowly lay her on the bed and squeeze her hand comfortingly. "Don't worry! Everything's going to be okay, Fireheart."

"Merlin," She says pointedly. I look at her quizzically before she jerks her chin to the door, where Gaius is entering.

"Oh, right! I'll be right back!" I say, kissing her forehead before I go do what Gaius told me to do, shutting the door behind me.

I return a few moments later with the two maids and Arthur, while Uther is taking a bit longer to get here, if he even does come. Naomi asks as we rush back into the room, "What is it you need?"