The Truth Behind the Mask

Start from the beginning

"I knoooowww.. BUT IF HE IS CHAT NOIR I'M GOING TO FEEL SO STUPID... you know how LONG he flirted with Ladybug trying to win her over... AND EVERYTIME... I would reject him for Adrien..." Marinette whined flopping back on the bed.

"Wait hold on... Chat flirted with you since 9th grade right?" Alya asked getting off track.

"Yes oh my god... So much. I did find it quite charming most of the time.. I was just so blinded by my love for Adrien that I never gave him the time of day." Marinette groaned in regret.

"Girl.. if Adrien is Chat I'd laugh my ass off. He was flirting with Ladybug while dating Kagami.. that's something else." Alya chuckled losing focus.

Marinette paused and thought to herself.

"OH MY GOD! IS HE STILL IN LOVE WITH LADYBUG?" She gasped shooting upwards off the bed.

"Girl, even if he is.. technically Ladybug is you...?" Alya mumbled.

"Okay, but he doesn't know that.. I don't think.." She whined. "That's the problem!"

"Alya we have to find out if Adrien is really Chat Noir.." Marinette pleaded looking desperate.

"Um.. okay.. not exactly sure how we're going to do that but I'm down..." Alya responded

Third Person POV: Adrien in his car

Adrien had taken a moment to himself. He sat in his car talking to Plagg about what had just happened.

"Plagg, I'm not seeing things right?" Adrien mumbled with a still expression

"Well, I'm not sure what you're talking about.." Plagg responded trying to act clueless.

"Shut up, Plagg. Yes you do. That was the same necklace that I gave Ladybug as Chat Noir." He continued.

"Oh Please Adrien. That could've been any necklace. Marinette wears all types of jewelry." Plagg countered trying to be convincing.

"No, Plagg. I know that was the necklace. She even admitted to it being a secret that she has with someone very precious to her... and that someone is Chat Noir." He continued in a low tone.

Plagg let out a defeated groan.

"Okay fine Adrien! Yes, it's the damn necklace, and yes, Marinette is Ladybug... but how'd you not realize this sooner?" Plagg blurted finally caving in.

Adrien stopped to think. All these memories played back in his head. All the times that Ladybug had rejected him as Chat Noir..

He now understands why. He always knew that Marinette had feelings for him as Adrien, but he couldn't see her in that way because of his love for Ladybug.

In his defense.. Marinette and Ladybug acted completely different.

Back in high school, Marinette would stammer and freak out whenever she got close to him. He found it cute but it never changed his perspective on Ladybug.

Now that he's put some thought to it, he hasn't seen Ladybug since their junior year in high school. That's when Hawkmoth stopped setting out akumas for some odd reason. The duo was always curious as to why Hawkmoth wasn't up to his usual evil doings. It was strange but they've become a little more comfortable in knowing that he's taken some sort of break.

Back to what I was saying, their junior year was the same year that Marinette started dating Luka. That's when he noticed a huge change in her demeanor. She didn't stammer when talking to him, and they could stand next to each other without her losing her mind. She become more confident and socially active. That's when Adrien started to realize his feelings for her.