Chapter Fifty [ 2 ] + Unedited

Start from the beginning

Jakes throws his hand up in frustration. "You like the other girls are also confusing", he muttered to you, eyeing you steadily. "Look, I'm going to be honest here; I hadn't mean for it happen between me and Jay, I thought about it and I know I'm the one in wrong"

Then he adds, "Even before you came to accept my bestfriend's offer on a date, I began to fall for you and that's why I became a little cold to him, and I want to be a good friend. But I couldn't"

"Because of me, the two of you will fight soon", you finished before him, letting out a breath. "That's just what everybody else is going to say"

"I had no idea that you cared so much about what other people have to say", Jake said finally after struggling to find the right words.

The two of you were both silent for a moment, studying each other as he removed his jacket, leaving him only wearing a sleeveless shirt. A car pulls up into one of the cabin's garage, the headlight scraping past the two of you, illuminating the faces of yours and him just briefly before leaving the two of you once again in the dark.

And before this incident, you had promised to Jungwon that you won't be seen with the other boys again, and you wouldn't let one of them runs the way you lead your life just like Heeseung had advises you. And yet here you were doing the very opposite. God help you for you couldn't get out that scene of Jake swimming over to your way, and you couldn't keep him - the moment of him pulling you into a hug in the most innocent sense of way.

Unaware completely of how Jungwon had come out right then and there to find you when he saw you're not in your bedroom. When his gaze lands on you and Jake in the pool, it lingers there before he hids himself behind a wall. He went still for a moment, clearly thinking over it.

And yet he didn't seem to believe it at first, and then all of a sudden, you were leaping away from Jake. You pushed him away from you, holding him at an arm's length, but it was futile to to do so when he only dragged you down the water and closer to him again.

As Jungwon watched you, Jake - watched you and Jake, he wonders how he hadn't seen it before, this new closeness between the two of you wasn't really an assurance when there's still this competent one like Jake. There's something not reassuring in the way you just froze when the older boy whispers something to you, something that just seems to fit.

He looked on as if he wanted to shake some sense into you, but he just stared at you, then he left, never letting you know even to the morning what he had seen that he didn't tell with Daniel, either.

For a moment or two, a man stood still after he had found the son he was searching in the pool, gazing across the distance to see just who Jake was hugging in there.

"What's your business here standing here when you should find our boy instead?", came a beautiful voice as a fair skinned woman stopped by his side. "He needs to get to sleep now, we're early tommorow"

He was smiling then and with a raised eyebrows, he hummed, "He really does have the same taste as I, huh?"

"We both know how terrible your taste is before", his wife joked, straightening up stiffly. But when she looks over to where she's looking, she freezes, "No way", she says, her jaw hanging open for a second before she was bursting out laughing. "He is just like you in so many ways, honey"

"What?", the man asks, a little sleepily. But even before he catches them through the silhoutte from under the moonlight - when his son drew away from the girl to press his foreheas against her.

He couldn't help but chuckle. "Are you seeing this?", he said, shaking his head in disbelief. When he turns and sees his wife lack of surprise, he stares at her, "You already knew?"

"Your son cannot stop talking about it since he returned from Seoul"

"Honey", he says with a smile before ducking down to press a simple peck  on her lips. "You're supposed to tell me these things. How did this happen? How long has this been going on?"

"Hush", she says, swatting at his arm, leaning into him when he wrapped an arm around her waist. "It began since he demanded us to leave Dwight for that new school of his"

They both turn back to the sight, where the two of you and Jake are no longer locked in each other's arms, but your heads are still close together, and their son looks happy, happier than either of them can remember in a long time.

"Maybe this is just the beginning for them", he says, and his wife smiles.

"Like I said before... Prologue is the best part"

The answering smirk was all she needed. And with an excited smiles from their faces that was unable to stop itself creeping onto their lips, they slowly walked away and made their way back to where Sunghoon is waiting for his bestfriend to come back.

A single word from Jake's father was all it took for his smile to disappear.

💌 ________________________________ 💌

This was just short because I think Chapter Fifty One will be updated today as well. For now, I will rest.

I just hope you get how significant this moment was when the two adults entered the scene. Did you all get who they are?

Don't forget to Comment & Vote!