|23|

Bey POV

Sitting at my office desk, my cellphone vibrated on the expensive mahogany wood, causing me to glance at the contact name glowing on the screen. Seeing my mother's contact name, I immediately smiled. Pausing the unreleased track I just recently recorded that was playing from my Macbook, I picked up my phone and slid answer, putting the call on speaker.

"Yes mama." I cheesed, though she couldn't see me.

"Hey baby, how's everything going? it's been a couple of days since I last checked up on you." She spoke.

"I'm doing alright, how about yourself mama?"

She sighed. "I'm doing good, can't complain. You know I just turned my comments back on-on my Instagram." Her tone switched, saying the last sentence, and I knew for a fact that she was still pissed at King and his little Onlyfans stunt that caused everyone who had some type of connection to us to be flooded with questions about King in their Instagram comments.

I mean, Kelly, to Michelle, my sister, even my mama's husband, Richard. They all turned their comments off and my mama just decided after three weeks to turn them back on. It's truly sad and I feel terrible. King really didn't think about the consequences of his actions and how they would effect everyone, people who aren't even living in this household. I know Jay is still trying to fuck up King over this.

"I'm really sorry about King, mama. We're still all pissed at him and trust me, Jay is handling his punishment and taking this situation seriously." I explain to her.

"Oh, I know. Jay doesn't play around with things like this, but I wanna smack that boy upside his head so bad. All them thirsty little girls coming to my page and putting them nasty comments underneath my posts. And thise damn eggplant emojis. My Lord, I almost fell out reading some of them, then I had to call Solange and ask her how to turn the comments off."

I sighed. "King is hardheaded mama, I can't handle that boy anymore, he will continue to apologize to you and everyone else he got wrapped up in his mess." I assured her.

"Thank you baby, so how are you holding up with Megan being gone and moving to LA?"

I leaned further back in my chair and picked up my phone, holding it close to my face. "I've been fine, mama. Though I don't want the divorce and didn't want her to move, I just think we're past the point of counseling and reconciling at this point. I love Megan with all my heart and always will, but we definitely needed to separate and be away from each other, because things just weren't how they used to be. We grew apart and that tension and energy we had around each other and our kids was just becoming too much and unbearable."

"Well I'm glad the both of you were strong enough to let the situation go for the kids. I don't want my grandkids to be forced to live in that type of environment. I'm proud of both of you girls for acknowledging that there was a problem that just wasn't able to be fixed right now. Who knows what might happen in the future, but for right now, you both made the best decision for yourselves and your children and I'm so proud. I love you both and I'm praying for yall's sanity and strength, because letting go of your other half and divorce is not easy at all. It's difficult and emotionally and mentally draining, and traumatic. I just want what's best for the two of you and my grandkids."

"Thank you ma, and I know you do. Megan and I just need to let go and start over with a clean slate you know? Just focus on coparenting and that's it. If a friendship can arise from this situation, then I'm not against it, but right now, we don't need to be around each other and only have limited communication."

"Well, just keep doing what works for y'all. Don't worry about the media or any other mess people are talking about when it comes to y'all."

"Will do, mama."