|13|

Egypt POV

All of my siblings and I sat in the living room on our creme suede extended long sectional, listening to our parents give us a lecture about our behavior and all the shit that went down today.

I had my arms folded over my chest, zoning in and out of the convo, concerned about one of my niggas that I'm supposed to link up with tonight. I'm just trying to get something ate, nothing more, nothing less. I know I told my mother how I wouldn't, but that was like a month ago. Things change and honestly I've been kicking it pretty tough with one of my niggas and I'm ready to take the next step. There's definitely potential for a beautiful relationship.

"Why did y'all go to the twins school, that's what I want to know." Mama spoke, making me zone back into the conversation.

We all just sat there mute and Mama started getting upset.

"Hello! I'm talking to y'all hardheaded asses! Emory, Araya, Jamari!"

Middle names? Oh yeah, she's pissed.

"Mama, Lo called Zari, saying some girls were trying to fight them. They didn't want to get in trouble, so Zari decided we take a ride up there. It was just to scare those bad ass kids, but them lil bitches got disrespectful and Lo and Sky gave it right back to 'em. Those jealous girls got mad and tried to swing on Sky and Lo, so they had to drop 'em. One of the onlookers was tryna jump in and kick Lo and Cadence and I had to slide in and push her back, she tried to fight us, so I beat her lil ass. Them lil thirteen year olds thought they were grown, so they got beat like they were." I spoke up, ending my statement with a shoulder shrug for emphasis on how much I do NOT give a single fuck about beating that kid's ass.

Mama chuckled and shook her head. "We have to pay these people off to keep their mouth shut and settle this shit out of the courts, because y'all wanna act reckless and fight like y'all ain't got no damn sense. Because your mother, father and I have to come out of our pockets and pay for your mistakes, while y'all sitting up here not giving a fuck; everyone is cut off. No allowance, no nothing. Get y'all asses some jobs if you wanna buy something. Accounts will be frozen and because the twins are underage we will only buy them what they need, nothing more. As for everyone over fifteen, you're cut off. I'm sick of this shit." Mama complained before abruptly walking out the living room.

All the kids looked at each other, scared and nervous. We've never had to work and I don't want to start. I don't want to be recognized at no raggedy ass job. Our parents have threatened us with this before and have never gone through with it, so maybe they're just bluffing again. Not trying to panic, I saved face in front of my sisters and brother.

"I'm not getting a job, it'll be fine." I assured them.

"If you aren't getting a job, then you'll be broke." Mom said. We all looked at her in shock. "Yeah, y'all asses need a reality check. Y'all really don't understand how much shit goes into cleaning up your messes when you wanna fight or air our business out to other people who sell the information to blogs. We do a lot and spoil y'all rotten to only get bad behavior from you all in return. The shit has got to stop and will. Bet y'all will learn your lesson this time." She shook her head in disappointment, looking at each one of us with one of her looks and walked away.

So we're really gonna be broke? Shit, I guess I'll start applying to jobs tomorrow.

"I suggest y'all apply to some jobs soon. I don't think they're playing this time." Zari said.

I nodded my head and sighed. Way to fucking go y'all. With this shit happening, I'm definitely gonna need some bread and head from my nigga. I pulled out my phone while everyone else sat mute, trying to take in the fact we've just been cut off from our parent's money.