|30|

King POV

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I rubbed my face with both hands, admiring my facial features. I'm definitely one of those pretty boy type of dudes, but I'm far from soft. I may be pretty, but I can fight. I just can't beat my dad or my brother's ass, but I can fight.

Brushing down on my line up with my right hand to make sure I looked perfect, I remembered my colognes I packed for the trip. Since tonight is Zari's birthday dinner and it's going to be a classy, high class type of event, I wanted to break out my favorite cologne for the evening.

I went over to my biggest suitcase I brought along for the trip and found my number one favorite cologne. Spraying it on myself a couple of times, I put it back in my suitcase and went back to the full length decor mirror the hotel so kindly obliged to put in our rooms, due to a list of my mother's requests for the trip. Feeling myself and smoothing out my short sleeved silk black and gold Gucci shirt with the top button opened, partially exposing my chest, I felt my phone vibrate in my right back pocket of my black Gucci jeans.

Sighing, I pulled out my phone and saw that it was Lauren calling me. I didn't even reply to her text from this morning. I don't know, something just doesn't feel right and why would she wait until I leave for vacation to try to say we need to talk about something. I think she's just jealous or trying to keep a leash on me for this trip.

I slid answer and put the call on speaker as I still looked over my outfit and appearance in the mirror.

"Whadup?"

"King."

"Uh huh." I replied, eyeing my shoes to make sure they were clean enough with my outfit. They were my dressy black Gucci shoes that had the Golden G emblem across the front of it.

"What's up witchu? You talking to me like you don't want to talk to me right now and you ignored my text I sent to you this morning. You should've reached out to me to see what I wanted to talk about. You know I don't bother you and I give you your space, especially since you're on vacation, so you should've known it was something serious." She rambled on.

I sighed heavily. "Aight, aight, aight then. What's up Lauren? You got my undivided attention man, what's going on? What you wanna talk to me about?" I said, getting frustrated and taking a seat on the edge of the California King mattress in my private room.

"Shit, I don't even know how to tell you this, but I just gotta say it." She stated. "I hate to do this to you King, but my period is late."

"Aight." I shrugged. Girl's periods are late all the time. She isn't the first one to tell me that and quite frankly until I see solid evidence, I don't care about nunnadat shit.

"Aight? King are you serious right now?" She asked me.

"Look, you ain't the first girl to tell me that. So spit out whatever you know or want to say, because your period being late don't mean shit. That's a part of life. My sister's periods come late all the time, that don't mean shit."

"Nigga, what? I'm not a teenager King, I'm a grown ass woman. A grown enough woman to know when something is wrong and different with my body. I'm pregnant King!"

I chuckled. I'm sorry, I don't believe her. I always use protection, the only time I slipped up was once when I got busted with the video on my onlyfans. That was like three months ago. She should've known and told me when she first missed her period. If she's too far along, abortion is out of the question and completely off the table. I mean, I wouldn't force her to get rid of a baby or nothing, but having that option available and knowing that we could make that choice would make all this easier on me and how I tell my parents or don't have to tell my parents. Fuck!