|8|

Two weeks later: Thursday

Beyoncé POV

I sat on my stool in front of the microphone inside the booth, recording. Being so influenced by Megan's sexual track, Do It, she wanted me to record with her, led me to write a song; Dive. I called Dream to come over and produce this record with me, I really wanted to surprise Megan about it. She thinks I'm just in here working on material for a potential album, but in actuality, this song is for her.

"Run it back, T." I spoke, hunching over slightly, resting my right elbow on my knee.

"That was great B." He commented.

"Just run it back. I need to hear it." I raised my finger, tapping the headphones.

"Aight." He played the first verse, I recorded not even a minute ago.

I heard my voice float through the booth and I closed my eyes, helping me hear everything better. I don't know why, but whenever I close my eyes when I listen to music, it allows me to really focus on the tone, cadence, and diction of the person singing.

You're saying everything I like
I could watch ya lips move all night
Makin' me think youmight
Havethe type ofbrain I like
Promise I'ma make itrain for you
Somethin' like an ocean wave on you
If youletmeopen up toyou
Kiss below theline

I turned up my top lip, not liking how my voice sounded. Maybe I should switch keys and sing with my raspier, lighter tone of voice.

"One more time." Raising my index finger in the air, I moved it in a circle motion and Dream played the beat over again.

This time I sung it how I thought it should be sung and waved my hand at Dream to tell him to stop. He played it back for me without me even asking, making me chuckle. When I heard it, the song sounded so much better in the new key and my lower register.

I continued to record the track, stopping and re-recording, but that's apart of the process. The way my mind works, I'm always thinking of something new to add or take out of a verse. I might change how I say things or switch up melodies. After a few hours of recording, I was finished and Dream mixed and edited my vocals.

When the song was finally done, I stood behind Terius, and let him play the track for me. My voice drifted through the speakers and I twisted my bottom lip while folding my arms across my chest and closing my eyes. Moving my head back in forth in a nodding motion, I was really feeling the record.

You're saying everything I like
I could watch ya lips move all night
Makin' me think youmight
Havethe type ofbrain I like
Promise I'ma make itrain for you
Somethin' like an ocean wave on you
If youletmeopen up toyou
Kiss below theline

I wanna see what your head game like
Do you know what you're doin'?
Is your neck game tight?
Do you know how to use it?

Have a long conversation with me
I talk back, baby, we can get deep
I wanna see what your head game like
Do you know what you're doin'?
Is your neck game tight?
Do you know how to use it?
Have a long conversation with me
If you love swimming under the sea
Then dive, dive
Ooh, dive

I wanna see you rock the boat
Back and forth, like Aaliyah
Lick the beach
Fuck the shore, make me scream
All aboard, don't sink
I'ma be laid back, legs cracked
Watch your face, entertain my lap
If I like that we gon' keep it on repeat