|22|

Jay POV

I walked to Candace's room with my mind running a mile a minute. Never did I want any of my kids to catch me in a compromising position, let alone with their married mother. Once I approached Candace's room, I knocked and proceeded to open the door anyway. Walking in, she was on the phone with someone, most likely discussing what she just saw.

"He's here, alright, I gotta go." She hung up the phone and looked at me with a scowl on her face, tossing her phone on the bed.

"We need to talk Cece, what you saw, wasn't what it really seemed."

She stared at me blankly and rolled her neck while placing her hand out with her palm exposed. "Then what was it? I'm not a kid anymore, dad. I'm sixteen."

I sighed. "I know that Cece, I'm not gonna lie to you, your mother and I did have a moment of weakness, but your mother is not in her right mind. The alcohol in her system has her tripping and with her emotions running wild, she took her frustrations she had for your mother and took it out on me, sexually, to get back at her. I tried to get her to realize Cece, but she kept coming onto me and kissed me. That's what you walked in on. We are not having an affair nor cheating with each other."

She narrowed her eyes at me, still not satisfied with my explanation and I decided to take a seat on the edge of her bed. I know this is going to turn into a serious heart to heart moment.

"Are you sure, dad? Everyone knows how much love you got for mama, I mean-"

"Look Cece." I spoke, stopping her right there. "I know you've heard a lot about my past relationships and women I've had sex with and this and that, I haven't always been how I am now. It took me a lot to reach the level of maturity I'm at right now. I've been a cheater in the past, I can admit that and admit my faults as a man, that's why your mother's and I want to do everything to make sure none of you end up with a partner who was like me, whether male or female. But one thing I've never been is a liar to my children. Yes, I've lied to women, led them on, lied about loving them to get one thing, but I have never lied to any of you. I promise Cece, what you saw was a misunderstanding and a drunken mistaken on your mother's part. Now, I should've had more willpower to fight your mother off, but I cracked, which is a mistake on my part, but nothing is going on, nothing has ever been going on. I would never have an affair with your mother and jeopardize our entire family and my relationship with Cali. I love y'all too much for that. Your mother and I have only had sex one time and that is when she conceived you. Nothing else has happened, ever." I pleaded.

She sighed, staring at me and nodded her head. "Okay, I believe you dad, but fix mommy and mama, seriously. This is out of control. I won't say anything to anyone about what I walked in on. I'll act like nothing ever happened, but convince her to get herself together, dad."

"I will. Thank you Cece, we don't need anymore drama and if your siblings get ahold of what your mama did, there will never be an end to it."

"I gotchu dad." She smiled.

I chuckled and we did our unique handshake and I hugged her. "I love you, Cece."

"I love you too, Dad."

"Aight, let's head to this police station to get your mother out of this mess."

Megan POV

I stood still, as the officer took the photo for my mugshot.