Explanation of Souls

"H-How the he-hell do I have a soul!" Ink shouted once he was better.

He never had a soul before, not to his knowledge anyway. All he knew, was now he had a soul. A fucking soul!

Dream hadn't said anything yet, he was just quietly thinking to himself. He knew how a soul forms, but... This was still unnatural.

"D-Dream?" Blue's oddly quiet voice thankfully snapped the two others out of their own little worlds.

Said Sans took a deep breath before looking to Ink. He needed to just say what's going on and get it over with.

"I don't really know how you have a soul, but you do." He started, getting a small glare. "The normal way for a soul to form is obviously from getting pregnant. The soul is the first thing that actually forms before the heart or anything physical. It's very impressionable, similar to how a child's mind is." Dream paused for a moment, letting this snip-it of info dig in.

Ink bit at the bottom of his lip, nodding some. That made a little sense, he guesses. He wasn't very good with the whole biology thing.

"If the soul is surrounded by too much stress or pain, it has the possibility of shattering, ending with a miscarriage. Another way for a miscarriage, is if the soul was forming too slowly or something was just wrong with the soul in general." Ink winced at that, his... soul hurting at the thought of that. "Because the soul, though, is impressionable, it's... It's original form is that of a weird floating blob."

The Creator frowned, placing a hand on his chest. His soul was like that, flashing with different colors too.

"W-why is my s-soul like that then? W-Why is showing up now?" He leaned forward some, sounding almost desperate. Would Error still like him if he had a soul?

Dream sighed some, looking away from his friends. He wasn't really sure what to say.

"I don't really know... Souls can change, but it's a long and very painful process. But, you didn't have a soul, so... You're soul is going to be that of a newborn child, very dramatic and needing less stress." The yellow Star informed, but it looked as if he was holding something back. No one said anything, Ink just nodding his head slowly. It wasn't long till Dream broke. "I believe your soul started forming because of an exterior stimulus... I believe Error's... affection for you and your affection for him, has caused your body to react... Maybe wanting to genuinely experience emotions with him."

The once soulless monster froze, blinking slowly. He was doing this? To himself? Damn, he was always a glutton for misery, huh?

"How long... till the soul forms completely?" He asked slowly, carefully messing with his scarf.

Dream sighed softly before speaking. "I don't really know... A normal soul takes about nine months to fully form and even have a sprinkle of their power, but..." He trailed off, not really needing to say anything else.

Ink nodded, his hand naturally moving to his chest. He could feel the faint, erratic pulses of the soul. It honestly felt weird to feel that in his own chest.

"You should let Error know... So he doesn't do anything stupid and hurt you." Dream huffed out, slowly standing up.

Mindlessly, the Creator nodded, stilling sitting in the cold snow. He was processing everything in more detail now.

The two other Stars looked at each other before going through a portal to somewhere else. They knew their leader just needed time. That wasn't bad... Hopefully, the idiot Destroyer doesn't destroy Ink's new soul.