TWENTY THREE.

Chan's POV:

"This is getting way too personal to be discussed in the backseat of a car with other passengers in, kids." My dad said.

"That's why I said I needed a private talk but you didn't give me the time to." Venus snapped then crossed her arms in annoyance like a sulking kid.

I was still looking at her, trying to comprehend what happened. She likes me back? And she doesn't care that my dad is a mafia? And she thinks that I'm too good?

Something about her was different. She's not like any other girl I've ever dated or even met. She holds a strange duality. She's angry and feisty most of the time, but there she was pouting and sulking after she confessed her feelings in the backseat of a gang's car with the boss –whom she calls Mr. Big Bang- sitting in the front. Sometimes I wonder if her brain works properly.

"Oi." I nudged her.

"What do you want?" She asked still pouting, not looking at my face.

I tugged her arm softly. "Come closer." I said in a very low voice.

"Why?" She looked at me and I saw a pinkish tint creeping to her cheeks.

"Just do as I say for once without questions."

She sighed and then moved a little bit closer to me. I leaned in close to her face, close enough for her to freeze and for my heart to go crazy by this proximity, especially when my mind was torturing me every time my eyes land on those lips since that day at the club. I kept staring at her face for a while, thinking that a quick peck won't hurt.

She stopped breathing when I leaned in more, making me smirk at how easily flustered she can get. I heard someone clears his throat. That someone was my dad that I really wished he could disappear. I shook the thought of pecking or kissing her away. I pulled back a little and then landed my head on her shoulder. "Breath in, Ve. You forgot to do that for a while." I teased her smirking.

The smirk I know drives her crazy.

"What was that?" She asked.

"What?" I played dumb. "I want to rest. You said it yourself, I barely sleep. So, stay still so I can sleep, and wake me when we arrive at wherever we are going."

"You use my ass to heat your chair and now you use my shoulder as a pillow! Great!" She scoffed.

"Shut up, Ve, and let me sleep!"

I felt her tensed body relaxes as I held her hand and intertwined our fingers together. I tried my best not to let my heavy head weigh her shoulder, she was still injured after all. But my tiredness defeated me and I really drifted to sleep.

***

"Wake up, kids! Jesus! I'm starting to lose my temper. We are not going on a school trip for God's sake! Wake up now."

I opened my eyes to be faced with my angry dad's face, yelling at us to wake up. I was about to move when I felt something heavy on top of my head. After a few attempts of looking up, I figured out it was Ve's head resting on top of mine. I couldn't help but smile.

"Come on, lover boy. Wake your girl up and let's get in." My dad rolled his eyes before stepping out of the car.

I tapped her arm softly. "Ve, wake up. We arrived."

"I know, stupid. Who in hell won't wake up when he has someone yelling like your dad?" She said, lifting her head and pushing me away. "And then he says that I have a high-pitched voice! Damn! My ears hurt."

She was fully awake but she acted like she was asleep for some reason nobody knows. She passed me, opened the door, and jumped to the ground. I followed her out of the car. We were standing in front of one of my dad's safe houses which was located in nowhere. I bet if anyone could name this place on a map. Ve looked around before her eyes fall on the men lined by the door.

Adrenaline: No One To Trust. |Bang Chanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें