EIGHT.

The sound of ocean waves was all I could hear for the past few hours. I was lying on the sand of this empty beach with no one to interrupt me, not even a bug. My phone kept vibrating but I didn't care. I knew it was manager Kim. He kept calling and texting since I left.

What that shit said kept roaming inside my head.

My parents.

The parents I don't remember.

Who were they? Were they lovely and protective? Did they love me? Would it be different if they were still alive? Do they worth punching the spoiled kid for? Are they watching me from above? Would they be proud of the person I became?

I was a little kid when Pluto took me out of that shitty orphanage. All I knew was that I had an accident with my parents and they died protecting me. They were teachers as I was told and the police supposed that we were on our way to a family vacation when the car slipped. I was too little to remember anything but only two things I never forgot. My real name and the fear I felt at that time. That fear builds up again whenever anyone mentions my parent. The parents I never mention myself.

If it weren't for Pluto, I would've been still at that orphanage being abused by our caregivers. They were demons. I remember when I started this work for the first time, I promised myself that one day I'll hunt them for what they used to do to kids.

My phone started buzzing again. I sighed and looked at the screen. It was an unknown number. I smiled knowing who it was and picked up. "Is it safe to call me on that phone?" I asked.

"It can't be tracked anyways, don't worry. Feeling better?"

"Feeling shit!" I uttered. "I don't know how I would face him without thinking of killing him, Mars. It's the only thing I've been thinking of for the past hours."

"I know, Ve. He's a piece of shit. What do you want to do? Do you want me to tell Pluto and withdraw you from there?"

"No!" I yelled, sitting upright. "I'm not withdrawing! I'm ending this mission. I'm ending them."

"Don't let your anger interfere, Ve. This won't end well. You are better than that. You are trained to control your rage and emotions."

"Believe me, I'm trying my best. Now tell me. No progress with his phone?"

"No, nothing! Still clean."

"What about manager Kim?"

"Also clean."

"I'll try to install a camera in his room."

"Don't do it if it's risky."

"Don't worry, I can handle it."

"Can you go back now? It's 1 am and the man is worried about you. Just look how many times he did call." Mars whined.

"I'll get going now."

"Okay." He said then paused for a few seconds before he talks again. "Ve?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you. And I'll always support you and your decisions. So, don't worry, you are not alone. I can't wait till this mission ends and you come back."

I smiled. This little boy always knows the way to my heart. "I love you too, smartass. I won't take long, I promise. Just take care of the granny and I'll be back soon."

We hung up and I got to my feet dusting the sand off my clothes and hair. I still didn't want to face him because I was afraid I might blow up my cover by blowing up his head.

I didn't know where I was since I ran aimlessly earlier. But I can't get lost anyways. And even if I get lost, it's not a big deal.

After some walking and some transportation, I was at the location where my equipment was hidden waiting for me. Luckily, the bag wasn't that big or odd so I didn't look very suspicious walking on the roads past 2 am with that bag.