SEVEN.

The ride was quiet. I guess no one had the power to talk. Chan was sleeping, resting his head on the window. I offered to drive so Mr. Kim could have some rest, but he objected saying that I'm the one who needed rest. Honestly, I wanted to sleep but I was trying to be kind since the man was kind and considerate to me. I started dozing off after I rested my head on the passenger's seat window.

The sound of silence and the lack of movement made me feel odd so, I opened my eyes. The car was parked and Mr. Kim wasn't next to me. I looked around to realize we were at some gas station. I guess he was at the toilets or the mini-market. I stretched my slumped body while groaning.

"Oi." Chan said, kicking the back of my seat. I flinched. I thought he was still asleep.

Please, don't start. I have no power to slit your throat now, I thought.

I sighed and breathed deeply, nearly inhaling all the oxygen in this car to calm myself down. "What?" I growled.

"What kind of names is that?" He asked. "What were your parents thinking when they named you Venus?"

"And what were your parents thinking when they named you Bang Christopher Chan?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"What's wrong with my name?"

"What's wrong with mine too?"

"Don't answer my question with another question!"

"Don't ask stupid questions." I snapped.

"Your name is weird! It's not a Korean name."

"So does yours! It looks like a scientific research paper name on a cure for leukemia." I mocked him.

He was about to talk when the driver's door opened and Mr. Kim hopped in, handing me bags of snacks and coffee cups. "Good that you are up. Have some food both of you before we go on."

I turned my body to hand Chan his coffee and some snack. He just scoffed and snatched them from my hand. He was sulking like a kid.

***

Just a little after the sun was up in the sky, we arrived at our destination. It didn't take us long till we found the house that I booked for us the day before without even noticing that I was booking a house for us. My mind is really slow.

We passed the gate and pulled over in front of the main door where someone was waiting for us to hand the keys. Mr. Kim got off the car and walked to the lady who led him inside to check the place while I and Chan stayed in the car. Soon after that, the lady left and the manager signaled us that it was okay to leave the car.

The house was in a private remote area -of course, that was for the spoiled kid's safety- but I liked the fact that it was quiet and remote. Perfect for a crime scene in case I needed to make one. Chan walked straight to the door while I started grabbing the luggage out of the car. I carried all the bags at one time and pulled the carriers behind me cause I was lazy to move them on multiple times, plus I was able to carry all of them.

I walked through the door and Chan, who was already slumping on the sofa, dropped his mouth at the scene of me carrying literally everything. I mouthed 'what?' at him before shoving my eyes away.

"Venus! Why did you carry everything alone?" The manager said, running in my direction, helping me to put the luggage down.

"They aren't heavy anyways."

"You should've helped, Chan!" The manager said, glaring at the boy.

"She didn't ask for help and obviously she doesn't need it!"