NINE.

I woke up early the next day. I had a good sleep so I decided to do some exercise since we were starting work late. I put on my leggings and sneakers and went downstairs. Mr. Kim was having breakfast with Chan who didn't lift his head or look in my direction with a smirk as always. I guess he was finally stepping off of me. I went for a run and came back, got changed, and off to work.

The few following days were nothing special. We were always at sets and locations. I was queen bee as usual but Chan didn't step on my nerves. He was quiet and fully concentrated on his scenes. Lu kept making mistakes and I could see how angry he was with her but he managed to control his anger.

On the other side, Mars was watching through the cams but nothing new. He told me that Chan was never suspicious in his room. He just sleeps, watches videos, reads his script, does pushups and that's it! It felt like I was wasting my time on the wrong target. In a few days, we'd be back to Seoul and still, there was no progress. Pluto kept saying that it was fine and that the mission was a long-term one but I was getting impatient. I'm not used to that.

***

Today's shooting is an outdoors one. The scene was being filmed on a bridge where Chan was supposed to be running from someone. He gets trapped and the only way to escape was jumping off the bridge into the water. The bridge wasn't that high and the water didn't look deep but still, there was something wrong with the staff.

"What's wrong?" I asked Mr. Kim as I sensed some tension in the set and it was obvious on his face.

"Chan's stunt was injured in another shooting and he didn't inform us earlier. He can't film."

"Stunt? What stunt?"

"You don't know that Chan uses stunts for scenes like those?" He asked and I shook my head. "Well, he's afraid of heights and some action scenes need to be done more professionally."

He's using a stunt! I feel like a fool. I admired his skills while watching his previous dramas and movies, not knowing that he's using a stunt.

I looked over my shoulders to see Chan's pale face. The shooting was delayed but that time it was because of him and his phobia. Lu was standing behind me, rolling her eyes and huffing. Like really? She'd been delaying and repeating the scenes nonstop and now she was angry?

"Well, that scene has to be filmed now before we lose the sun." The director said, dragging the attention of all staff around the set. "Anyone could volunteer to do the jump and we'll edit it later with graphics?" No one answered. "You'll be paid for that! Come on. Anyone? It's not that high anyways."

Again, no one answered.

"He'll do it!" Lu said, pushing her assistant forward.

That assistant was nothing other than a little boy. He looked like a high school student. Innocent with sparkling eyes and a wide enchanting smile that never left his face. I saw him many times running around just like me, doing tasks and the boy was always smiling no matter what.

Now he's not.

The boy's eyes were wide and his face was confused. He kept diverting his gaze from Lu to the director pointing at himself. "Me?" The boy asked her in a whisper.

"Yes. We are running out of time. Just go over there and jump. It's not a big deal."

"But I can't swim, miss Lu."

"There is a team down the bridge to pick you up, don't worry." She said in a pushy way.

"No, it's not like that! I can't because I'm afraid of water! I can't. I have a phobia. I can't jump." The boy said, starting to get terrified.