SIXTEEN.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Mars yelled as soon as he saw the photo I sent him.

"That's what I thought!"

"Ve, this is–"

"Fucked up! I know." I ruffled my hair in frustration. "That's why we were never able to locate any signal of their devices. Cause simply it's not a signal we can find here. It's a freaking North Korean phone."

"But how? How do you they use them here in South Korea?"

"I'm as clueless as you, smartass! Do you think you can hack this thing?"

"I don't know. I'll try. Damn! How would I log in?" He rambled. "Do you have any of the chips I gave you before?"

"Yes, I have one."

"Plug it and leave the phone where it was. Keep looking around since he's passed out. Now we are sure that he's connected to the gang, Ve. Be cautious."

I did as Mars told me. My brain cells were doing some work more than usual. He was connected to the gang. He had the perfect cover. He made me believe that he's cut off from that world. I thought he was weak who even used a stunt cause he couldn't fight properly. It turned out that I was stupid.

I walked back into his room and looked at how he was sleeping peacefully. I cursed myself for believing his cover and trying to protect him. He was nothing like that little girl that I wanted to protect. She was an innocent soul. He is a criminal.

I looked all around the room for any hidden doors or lockers. The room was clear. I left the room and started searching the rest of the house. The other rooms along the corridor were clear as well. I was just turning back to his bedroom when my eyes fell on the wall-length portrait of him. Why does he have a large portrait of himself at the corner of his corridor? It felt odd.

I walked to the portrait and stood in front of it, examining the photo.

Well, he is ridiculously handsome.

What the hell, Ve?

Mission. Target. Focus.

I moved the portrait a little and peeked behind it. Just as I expected, there was a door. I took the portrait down and it was hell heavy. I looked at the door. It wasn't a door that I can pick its lock with bobby pins, not to kick down and not to be slit open with my knife! It was an armored door with three different types of locks. Whatever was in this room, was worth that level of security.

I didn't risk trying to open it or even touch it. Usually, those kinds of locks are connected to alarms and security systems. I took photos of the door and sent it to the smartass to figure out how to unlock this shield, at least the electronic lock.

I put the portrait back in its original place since I won't be able to open that door anytime soon. Trying to pick it or blow it down would be stupid. I just needed to come back when he's not home and with my full equipment. Let's take what I found today as progress.

I went downstairs to look around. That glass house was a big trick. The image of -I have nothing to hide- that he set was perfect. He's really a genius. Respect Bang Christopher Chan!

I moved the other portraits around to check if there are any other hidden doors or lockers but the whole floor was clear.

"Ve," Mars called in my ears. "Hacking this phone would take longer than expected. I logged in already but the codes are different. They are odd. The signal is odd too. I'm trying to track down any similar signals all around the country but that too is not simple."

"Do you think they are some North Korean Spies?" I asked, stepping into Chan's room again. He was as still as ever.

"What spies? Those dramas ruined your remaining two brain cells."