Chapter Forty Seven + Unedited

Start from the beginning

With an indulgent smile, Dad nodded while sharing a look with your mom as he said, "If only we could exchange Jungwon for your sister, we would've done it quicker than she could realized she was adopted by Ms. Yang"

"That's so sweet", you burst out before Jungwon could answer. You patted your own stabbed heart. "I think I would be more happy in her side seeing that she wants a daughter"

"But thinking of Daniel being my brother for real, it gives me shivers knowing what he really is", Jungwon confessed with a shrug, laughing as Daniel watching him with a betrayed expression.

Offering you yet another smile, Dad wondered aloud, "You know you could be Ms. Yang's daughter in another way, right Y/N?"

"What are you even going on about, Dad?", you shot back with a knowing smile since Mom is listening. The topic of boys had truly been sensitive to her since that fight.

He glanced away from you for a moment, listening to something Mom insisted getting his attention with, they whispered to each other on the front. While they did it, you caught Jungwon glancing back at you from the corner of your eye, not really listening to anything that Daniel was chattering about.

Jungwon hesitated, just a moment, before asking, "Can we have an alone time together once we were there?"

"What about Danny?"

"Once he's out cold in the night, you could join me in the shore", he said steadily, not quite looking at you and leaving his words hanging in the air in a form of whisper. "I want to talk"

After that, it was silent again as the two of you pretend not to act to be close too much in front of your mom who's always watching like a hawk from the side. It was what bothered you the most that because of her, you don't even know whether to make it a real thing with Jungwon or not.

Your dad drove through town slowly, and even though Daniel repeatedly teased hin about it with you trying to stop him, yoy didn't really mind. You loved this drive, this moment. Seeing another town, another place away from your home, from the problems it has - this is a good change for a short time.

It was like coming home to a place you've never known, but beach is beach. It held a million promises of summer, of a promised getaway and of what just might be your peace.

💌 _________________________________ 💌

Somehow, despite knowing better than to form any sort of attachment to someone who was liked by his own bestfriend as well, you had managed to make him forget the consequences it might bring between their friendship.

He wasn't sure if it was because of your shyness with the small smile in your face to him the first time, or even the irresistable charm you have under an innocent expression, but everytime he wants to change his mind, it only takes one look at you and he's faltering.

That's why Jake is reluctant to join his family to their outing even if there was nothing he wanted to do but to visit you in your house. It's not as if he could say no to his brother. What would he say his reason was? You?

As they got closer and closer to the cabin they rented in advance, he could feel that familiar flutter in his chest at the thought of you. He had thought you were now at your house, smiling at another yet flowers from Sunghoon and he shakes his head abruptly to forget it, to avoid the bout of jealousy.