twenty nine

febuary 2nd

ricky

nini's birthday is tomorrow and i'm a little nervous. nini's and i decided to do homeschooling because the anxiety and pressure from the kids at school was too much for us.

the new years party was great. nini and i spent the first few hours of the day inside watching movies. then we went to ashlyns for the party.

we had cake, we played truth or dare, we even had a political talk which wasn't really the greatest part of the party. but we did talk about memories we've had over the year and through our friendship.

i'm currently practicing my song for nini in my room. (at my dads.)

"ricky! nini's here!" my dad yells from down stairs. i immediately stuff the song under my bed and i run downstairs to see my girlfriend standing in the kitchen crying while my dad is hugging her.

"what's wrong?" i ask.

"i'll leave you two." my dad says. he gives nini one more squeeze then goes upstairs. i grab nini's hand and take her to the couch.

"um. it's mama d. she's sick. really sick." nini says with more tears falling from her eyes. i hate seeing her cry. it hurts me too.

i was going to say something but i know none of my words were gonna help her feel better. so, i just hugged her and made sure she didn't feel like she was alone.

+

after nini had calmed down, we just cuddle for a while. i had the idea of playing the song for her now but i thought it wasn't a good time.

jacob

the next day

the last few months have been really crazy. saylor's dad is in jail and she's been staying with charlie. charlie's mom became her legal guardian.

saylor and i haven't really had a conversation since what happened.

i walk into the cafe and go up to order my regular coffee.

"can i have a- saylor?" i ask once i look up.

"yeah, hey." she answers.

"when did you start working here?"

"uh, last week. i decided to help out at home."

"that's great."

"so, what would you like to order?"

"um, a caramel frappuccino is fine."

"alright anything else?"

"nope thank you."

"alright that will be $7.92." i gave her $10.

"keep the change." i smiled. she smiled back and i went to a table.

i seen ricky and nini come through the door. great. just my luck. but something wasn't right. he had his hands on her face reassuring her of something. she looked like she was about to cry.

"hey you guys okay?" i asked as i walked over to them.

"um, do you want me to tell him?" ricky asked nini and she nodded. "her mom is really, really sick."

"i'm so sorry nini." she gave me a weak smile and wiped a tear that was coming out of her eyes.

"jacob, your frappuccino." saylor called out from behind the counter. i run over and get it and tell her thank you then walk back to ricky and nini.

"i've gotta go but i hope your mom gets better nini." i offer her a hug and she accepts. i thought i was fully over her until i smelled her hair. it smelled like peaches. she pulled away and gave me another weak smile. i walked out of the cafe and straight to my car.

a/n

this isn't much but i guess it's something lol

anyway hope you enjoyed this weird chapter.

the plot of this story i ALL over the place. i can't even keep track of all the characters. but i'll try and keep writing if you guys are really enjoying this horrible story.

- rodrighoesflowers (oh yeah new user!)