eighteen

gina

today (friday), is the day of the dance. the dance organizers or whatever you call them have been decorating the gym for the past week. there's posters everywhere about it.

the first half of school was pretty great. it was just a normal day in high school. normal until lunch.

it was silent for about 30 minutes. i finally said something.

"well since no ones gonna talk, why don't i tell you guys what happened yesterday." i say. ej looks up at me confused. "i asked my mom if i could stay."

"and?" seb asks.

"and," i start to look sad. and so does everyone (except nini and ricky,) look sad. i start smiling, "i'm staying!" 

"don't do that!" carlos says. nini, ricky and i laugh.

"i'm guessing you two knew." ashlyn says.

"yeah." nini says laughing.

"i'm so glad you're staying gin." seb says.

"me too. i don't know what i'd do without you guys." i say. i accidentally make eye contact with ej. nini and ricky definitely noticed. luckily i was saved by the bell.

"see you guys at the dance." seb says.

"alright." we all say.

crap i just remembered i have to go to the dance with ej.

i walk to my locker and open then nini runs up to me.

"um what the hell is going on between you and ej?" nini asks. "don't get me wrong i'm all for it. but i need an explanation."

"neens it's nothing." i say.

"spill."

"ugh. fine. well last night when he dropped me off at home. we hugged and then something weird happened. we made eye contact and i had butterflies. i didn't want to stop hugging." 

"aww gin you like ej."

"shut the hell up."

"fine. i gotta get to class. i'll see you later." nini starts walking to her class.

"bye neens." i close my locker and walk to class.

nini

"hey gin! hey myles!" i said letting gina and mylie in so we can get ready for the dance. it was about 4 pm. the dance started at 7 pm. so we had a lot of time. "you guys can go upstairs and start getting ready."

"okay." they say going upstairs.

+

"i don't know if i like the dress." i say looking at myself in the mirror. "it looked better at the mall." i was wearing the dress i got from the mall a few days ago. so were myles and gin. we were all wearing sneakers because we didn't know what heels to wear. and also they were just uncomfortable.

"neens. you look beautiful." gina says putting her hands on my shoulders and her head on my right shoulder.

"thanks gina." i smile.

"okay let's go. they're here." mylie says. we already had our makeup and hair done.

"okay girls. prepare for the parents." i say as we walk downstairs. 

"oh my gosh. our babies! you girls look beautiful." mama c says. gina and mylies mom had come over to see us all together. moms, am i right? my moms hug me.

"moms, not to tight you'll mess up my makeup." i say. they stop hugging me and mama d kisses me on my forehead.

ricky

ej and i were standing at nini's door. ricky was kinda hesitant because of what happened between him and gina.

"chill dude." i say.

"sorry. just knock on the door." ej says. i knock on the door and dana opens the door.

"hi ricky! hi ej!" she says hugging ej and i.

"hi dana." i say. 

"hello." ej says.

"you guys look great." she says smiling. she lets us in. i see the girls at the kitchen and i walk over to them. nini looks at me and smiles. i hug her and she hugs me back. she smells like heaven. i pull away from the hug and look her up and down.

"wow, you look... wow." i say speechless.

"picture time!" ginas mom says. i stand next to nini and wrap my left arm around her waist. she puts her arm around my shoulders. mylie stands next to nini and gina. ej stands next to gina.

(a/n okay guys pause for a sec. josh's ep came out like 2 days ago and i just had the incredible idea so imma include one of his new songs somewhere in here. just stay tuned for that. continuing on.)

"everyone smile! 3... 2... 1. okay i got a few." ginas mom says.

"you guys better get going." dana says.

"bring them back by 10." mylies mom says.

"mom!" mylie says in a whinny tone.

"fine 11." mylies mom says. mylie smiles and we walk out the door to our cars. gina, mylie and ej ride together and nini and i ride in my car.